• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maverick 600mm .30 heavy liner and carbon shroud

Ok, new to forum and have 3 airguns. Maverick, AEA hp carbine and hatsan blitz all in .30.

This is the Maverick with 600 mm barrel & wraith mini. See attached setup.
I took a while to Chrono last night and have fX pellets shooting ~900 fps. Finally got out today and tested out my new setup and tune from 35 yards. Think I found the sweet spot.

Regs set at 155 and 125 with hammer at 5.97 mm and powerwheel at 7.

10 shots through same whole at 35 yards through pumpkin. 2nd...8 shots on target with 1 flyer, warming up... Last one is 5 shot group from same. Lots of work getting here but happy. The only issue been having is getting the mags to set correctly. It is very picky and will not forward pellet unless it's perfectly inserted. Is there a work around for this on the maverick? I have a 3 stock mags and 2 from Orion the iguana hunter. I like his mag design more and very good when inserted correctly.

LT
Bristol County Air Gunners

PXL_20221221_195301509.jpg

IMG_20221221_145934_01.jpg

IMG_20221221_145934_02.jpg

PXL_20221215_222846456.MP.jpg

Reactions: tibor
I would take off the cheek rest and loosen up the barrel. Cock it back and insert the mag. While it's inserted, push the barrel back towards the mag and make sure that it's snug, but not so much that the mag is hard to remove. Reinstall the cheek rest and make sure it isn't applying pressure to the magazine.

I would take off the cheek rest and loosen up the barrel. Cock it back and insert the mag. While it's inserted, push the barrel back towards the mag and make sure that it's snug, but not so much that the mag is hard to remove. Reinstall the cheek rest and make sure it isn't applying pressure to the magazine.
Thank you! Excellent advice!