Tuning Maverick .22 cal sniper wrong hammer weight

It is perfectly fine to use the .30 hammer weight on the .22, and even the .177 if you want. You just need to adjust the settings accordingly. I'm running a hammer weight that is even heavier, which I made myself. It is right at 14 grams or 216 grains. I use that on .177, .22, and .30. Granted, I don't shoot pellets, not even in .177. That really doesn't matter though. You're not going to hurt a thing keeping the heavier weight in there :)

Keeping the washer on there won't hurt either, as long as you have the adjustment to get your power where you want it.

I just purchased the maverick compact in .30 and switched it to the 700mm .22 barrel. My question is ,is the hammer weight that came in the .30 ok to use with the .22.

also it has a washer on it (should that be removed?) im new to the PCP world and need info. thank you for any assistance.

Depends on what pressure you like to run your reg...Mine has 11g (medium) hammer and was working fine at 120BAR, now I dropped reg to 90BAR and got too much hammer so I ordered 7g (light)

B

I am in the middle of some testing on my Maverick 22 w 700mm, CF barrel sleeve.Shppting the FX hybrids, NSA 24.8g in 217, and I have some JSB 25.39g RD as a spread to try. I ordered and tried the heavy weight and didn't work at all for me. I cut the large dimiture down and left 4mm thick. That gave me over 1100fps with e JSB's, regs at 150 and 105. So I am going to try the light weight but filled the drilled home with lead solder. Came out to be 117.5gr. Its easy and I can remove the solder easy if it don't work out. I just can't get the FPS I'm looking for with out a lot of dev. and spread.