Mauser K98 springer not a good day

Okay AGN, Bought my son a K98 for Christmas it was a refurb from pyramyd. When rifle arrived I noticed a small hairline crack in the stock and two small dents in the wood a spot that looked as if the wood stain was touched up. Other than a few small blems in the stock that you had to look for the rifle looked new. My 16 year old son is big time into WWII arms ,planes, tanks ect. So I had to get this for him plus he would spend his time looking for and reading any review on this rifle. He was beyond words when he opened his present and with bad weather we were unable to shot it till today. Let me say that for the short time it worked all I can say is I want no I need one. Due to snow and rain the last two days we just put our target about 7yards in the back yard just to get a fill for it. Was planning to break out the chrony later today to see what kind of power it was putting out. Now the bad part about 50 shots in my son cocked the gun and the beartrap release just slid forward now the rifle is stuck in the cock position and the chamber is open. Can not get the underlever to budge. Called Pyramyd was told that a tech will contact me on Monday and he said since its a refurbished gun he said not sure about a warranty. I do believe that it is covered just kills me knowing that the gun is cocked and will be cocked for a very long time. If it wasn't for that the Diana K98 is everything I was hoping for. I did wedge a block of wood in the chamber just incase something should give not sure how I'm going to send it back.

this might work but the why the bear trap screwed up is an unknown on my end

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=122664.0

read the post from roadworthy a few down from the top

I'm assuming the bear trap ahs come lose for a lack of another term and if so the piston is being held by the trigger group and the safety is keeping it place if the trigger is touched

so can you take the stock off

here is a parts diagram for a K98

https://www.pyramydair.com/model-schematic/m/Diana_Mauser_K98_Air_Rifle/4164

well in any case about all I have

good luck, it might be something simple to fix but I'm thinking you shouldn't have to

but we all had to repair manufacturing short comings

take care mike