Maui take a look at this air gun regulations in the works

If people wouldnt post all their high caliber semi/full auto pellet guns on YT, we might have been safe. It's only a matter of time, we'll be limited to hopefully at least 12 fpe.
I'm waiting for the time when some prominent figure is killed by an airgun. But in the mean time, those that get their knickers in a twist about anything that pushes lead will just continue frothing at the mouth.

Unfortunately most laws or regulations there because one of “that guy” F it up for everyone. We wouldn’t need laws at all if no one killed or stole. Then thanks to internet everyone gets to see how powerful airguns have gotten and how horrible some people really are, great combo.

Last edited:
Unfortunately most laws or regulations there because one of “that guy” F it up for everyone. We wouldn’t need laws at all if no one killed or stole. Then thanks to internet everyone gets to see how powerful airgun has gotten and how horrible some people really are, great combo.
And the only thing these laws will achieve is that you and I won’t be able to enjoy shooting because we are law abiding citizens while the criminals and idiots will continue to go about as they have always.

End result = less freedom but no material improvement in public safety. Mean while the political figure heads take a victory lap and slap each other on the back for a job well done in protecting the cowering citizens.

Perhaps it’s been like this for ages… people are sheeple.

-Marty

This is the worst part of the bill:

“It would also be unlawful for someone to discharge an air gun on any private property or residence in such a manner that a pellet or BB shot could go outside the limits of the property or endanger another property or person.”

And background checks to purchase.

Glad I’m not in Maui!

-Marty

“It would also be unlawful for someone to discharge an air gun on any private property or residence in such a manner that a pellet or BB shot could go outside the limits of the property or endanger another property or person.”

Glad I’m not in Maui!

-Marty

Actually, no projectile over the property line is very sensible. Obviously someone got shot over the property line and lost an eye or something. Background check is a bit over the tops but then again the guy caused all this probably is not your model neighbor.

Totally agree that we all lose freedom but unfortunately freedom without boundary with people near by is called purge. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: HW98.20cal
If the pellet leaves the property then I agree, but the language in the article says “could”. Vagueness is the issue I think. Simple scenario of where you are shooting in your backyard and the neighbor reports you, cop comes by and looks at your target with a backstop and says, well what if you miss?

-Marty

I am shooting in a very strict regulated gun club and I am shocked to see YTbers handling air guns in unsafe way - including some well known AGN members and sponsors. When the Pantera surfaced it was a tsunamy of rushed reviews with folks handling it in unsafe way. I commented to one fellaw and called to he's attention but he's ego was at higher value, so I didn't wanted to crush it further.
Most new restrictions are blanket regulations and it will get much worst.

Glad I’m not in Maui!

-Marty
...so far no regulations for airguns in the Netherlands...however, what you call the worst part of the proposed bill makes perfect sense...I suppose NOBODY would inadvertently want to hurt anyone...and a background check might help to weed out some irresponsible people...imho...

Well maybe the 10ft tall Aliens will land again and take their minds off of it for awhile.... not to mention you gotta expect Hawaii to be just as bad as Ca.....
Yes. California already restricts Airgun usage by city, area, ect. Fortunately, I live on 2.5 acres with enough space between houses and property lines that noise and hitting a neighbor is not a problem. If I shoot my AF SS .457, I use any method available to reduce the sound levels. I am retired waiting for my wife to retire so we can leave.

Glad I’m not in Maui!

-Marty
I seen that part, not well

Quit just watching and complaining and get involved in the fight.

How many have stood by silently while we lost freedom after freedom and continue to do so at an alarming rate.

How many people in a small seemingly harmless Germanic country, looked back in 1947 and wondered what would have NOT happened
if they had only spoken out and got involved when there was a chance.

Local and even state government are not that difficult to have an effect on. Make phone calls, write letters, do something.

I learned about 10 years ago that you really can have an effect on what happens.
I got involved, used my limited influence and made friends in the state capitol in order to get air guns in the hunting regs.
It was not a perfect win, but it is a start, now the discussion has started. We can tweak the regs and get them improved.

I managed to make a difference in deer hunting in my state, nothing to do with air guns. Changed bear hunting regs. Hoping to do more with that.

We even managed to implement urban bow hunts for deer in heavily populated cities.

Either live your life, or let life live you.

Good luck with your issues. Go get them.

Doc

Actually, no projectile over the property line is very sensible. Obviously someone shot over the property line and lost an eye or something. Background check is a bit over the tops but then again the guy caused all this probably is not your model neighbor.

Totally agree that we all lose freedom but unfortunately freedom without boundary with people near by is called purge. 🤣
"Just... think of all the GOOD the Purge does society, honey".

Reactions: qball