• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maui take a look at this air gun regulations in the works

...so far no regulations for airguns in the Netherlands...however, what you call the worst part of the proposed bill makes perfect sense...I suppose NOBODY would inadvertently want to hurt anyone...and a background check might help to weed out some irresponsible people...imho...
Speaking from some experience in the matter, living a highly regulated state, Calif. Background checks are worthless after all if a certain person can falsify one and get a slap on the wrist and a 'naughty' boy, what's the point. The real kicker is not every institution that SHOULD report important stuff doesn't so back to, what's the point?

Reactions: qball
One thing for sure is things won’t get better until it hits rock bottom. Problem is I don’t want to be part of collateral damage. 😵
I agree 100 percent. A whole Lotta people gotta go, and all the entitled me me me society will have to crumble before people get back to basics and what really matters. Americans have it too damn easy and thats why these young kids are making up 57 genders and pick what animal they think they are for that day. They have no real worries.

Think about it. How many people in other countries are really sitting around saying "which $3000 scope should I put on my $3000 air rifle to shoot 50 yards with?" People can do what they want with their money, but their kids will have those same wants and desires x10. Americans LOVE excess!

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

Unfortunately for us we are in the end of this cycle where not only are many he/hims weak but also deranged.
Theyre the useful idiots now/cannon fodder when the time comes. They don't even see it. Bolsheviks.

Quit just watching and complaining and get involved in the fight.

How many have stood by silently while we lost freedom after freedom and continue to do so at an alarming rate.

How many people in a small seemingly harmless Germanic country, looked back in 1947 and wondered what would have NOT happened
if they had only spoken out and got involved when there was a chance.

Local and even state government are not that difficult to have an effect on. Make phone calls, write letters, do something.

I learned about 10 years ago that you really can have an effect on what happens.
I got involved, used my limited influence and made friends in the state capitol in order to get air guns in the hunting regs.
It was not a perfect win, but it is a start, now the discussion has started. We can tweak the regs and get them improved.

I managed to make a difference in deer hunting in my state, nothing to do with air guns. Changed bear hunting regs. Hoping to do more with that.

We even managed to implement urban bow hunts for deer in heavily populated cities.

Either live your life, or let life live you.

Good luck with your issues. Go get them.

Doc
We made phone calls and e-mails when I seen it. I believe the out come is were the minority. So to bad. Any advice on where to go from here?

We made phone calls and e-mails when I seen it. I believe the out come is were the minority. So to bad. Any advice on where to go from here?
If you had purple hair and identified as a garden hose, you could March to the capital and demand justice. Since you're a proud 2A supporter, they'll jail and water board you.

Quit just watching and complaining and get involved in the fight.

How many have stood by silently while we lost freedom after freedom and continue to do so at an alarming rate.

How many people in a small seemingly harmless Germanic country, looked back in 1947 and wondered what would have NOT happened
if they had only spoken out and got involved when there was a chance.

Local and even state government are not that difficult to have an effect on. Make phone calls, write letters, do something.

I learned about 10 years ago that you really can have an effect on what happens.
I got involved, used my limited influence and made friends in the state capitol in order to get air guns in the hunting regs.
It was not a perfect win, but it is a start, now the discussion has started. We can tweak the regs and get them improved.

I managed to make a difference in deer hunting in my state, nothing to do with air guns. Changed bear hunting regs. Hoping to do more with that.

We even managed to implement urban bow hunts for deer in heavily populated cities.

Either live your life, or let life live you.

Good luck with your issues. Go get them.

Doc
I tried, blow hard Biden still became president!

Sorry for the absence. We had the grandkids this weekend.
There is always someone who is authoring this law, and those that are backing it. Find the author and talk with them. Find out why it started.
Did a young person with a replica scare the life out of a civilian? Worse, a law enforcement personnel?
It all starts with a conversation.
Other politicians will support the change if there does not seem to be any pushback from voters.
Be creative, try parents, boy scouts, toy stores. Tell them the red ryder is in danger. The innocent BB gun is a big part of everyone's childhood memories.
Make it personal for the politicians too.
Work hard for what is important to you. You can do this.
Best of luck.

Doc

This law I don’t believe is about power output or anything in the such. It’s over purely aesthetics and isn’t due to YouTube but due to retards pointing non firearms at cops and getting waxed. I say let ‘em get waxed who cares. Darwinism at work again. Of course it really protects no one what laws from that side of the fence EVER do?

Reactions: Farmplinker2
Some insight into this.

According to local news, the police wrote this bill because they have been finding replica firearms with drug traffickers; think cheap CO2-blowback style. And also due to reports of replica guns being waved out windows during roadrage incidents.

Obviously it's already illegal to wave around a fake gun to intimidate somebody, and a CO2 pistol in a cache of heroin seems like less of a problem than the heroin, but law enforcement wants to make illegal things extra illegal so that it's easier to do their job.

The cited problem is not airgun use in backyards. To my knowledge nobody has been shot with an airgun.

The language in the bill is basically from two places. Originally it was mostly copy-and-pasted Honolulu city ordinance, which talks about how airguns cannot be fired "unsafely" on private property in such a way where projectiles "may" cross property boundaries or cause injury or property damage, as well as explicitly saying you can't show an airgun in public and need to transport it in an enclosed container.

Our council members thought the bill didn't go far enough and copy-and-pasted some firearm ownership restrictions into the bill as well. They didn't put in the background check and permit to acquire stuff we need to jump through to GET a firearm, but they put in the language about who can HAVE a firearm. So notably you couldn't have an airgun, and you'd be compelled to forfeit your airguns, if you are a felon, are under psychiatric treatment, have a restraining order against you, etc.

I'm trying to put testimony together but am unsure of the best strategy. Any ideas? I don't know of an organization taking the lead to oppose this, I would assume the typical pro-2A groups are on it, but I just learned of this bill yesterday so I'm pretty far behind on it.

Something for you guys: do you know how many states, counties or cities forbid felons from owning airguns? How unique would Maui be in that regard?

Sorry for the absence. We had the grandkids this weekend.
There is always someone who is authoring this law, and those that are backing it. Find the author and talk with them. Find out why it started.
Did a young person with a replica scare the life out of a civilian? Worse, a law enforcement personnel?
It all starts with a conversation.
Other politicians will support the change if there does not seem to be any pushback from voters.
Be creative, try parents, boy scouts, toy stores. Tell them the red ryder is in danger. The innocent BB gun is a big part of everyone's childhood memories.
Make it personal for the politicians too.
Work hard for what is important to you. You can do this.

Best of luck.

Doc
Respectfully, it's very easy to say this when you live in a place like Arkansas. Not so much in places like California and Hawaii where all aspects of the shooting sports are frowned upon by our overlords.

I have learned from experience that writing letters and making telephone calls asking our leadership to oppose any of the myriad of laws restricting the rights of shooters falls on deaf ears. Not only that, but I fervently believe that our begging and groveling serves to arouse in them a certain fetish-like pleasure, and I refuse to be part of it.

And to expect the average shooter who plinks a few rounds a year, or the guy who kills a deer now and then to engage in any kind of active protest simply will not happen. I can't count the number of times I've gone to gun shows and seen people walking past the NRA booth with eyes averted as if those who voluntarily gave up their time to run the booth were trying to sell vacuum cleaners.

AND it doesn't help that certain airgun forums completely disallow the discussion of politics when we all know that there are people in one party that promote the shooting sports and people in another that do their level best to destroy them.

Reactions: steve123