• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Matt Dubber in trouble

Chances are that if you've ever watched an airgun video on youtube... you came across one of Matt's. Heck maybe you even learned something from him.

The allegations against Matt shooting birds of prey on a property without permission is pretty far-fetched. I've spent a fair bit of time with Matt, and from what I gather he's a knowledgeable, humble, stand-up (for everything that is right) guy, that wouldn't jeopardize his moral character on such a foolish act.

If you feel like Matt is being treated unfairly then watch his video and send an email to the address in the description.

Too bad as Matt is a great role model for ethical hunting.

I appreciate what he is asking his supporters to do, but it won't make any difference to the zealots. As he correctly said, it is all driven by emotion and facts don't matter. Thankfully, the news cycle on stuff like this is pretty quick and those harassing him will tire quickly and want to get back to their twitter feeds, wheatgrass and kambucha.

R

Sent my email of support. Matt's videos are fantastic and besides being a crazy good shot, he stresses the ethical approach to hunting whenever he can. Honestly, I think, in the long run this will be good for him. Because he is who he is none of this will stick. The people who hate hunting will continue to hate hunting. The people who like hunting will find a cool youtube channel. And, the majority who are more or less indifferent will be exposed to one of the coolest, most ethical proponents of our sport you could hope for.
Keep cool, Matt, if your listening. People can see quality and you're it, bud!

Outrage after bird shot at golf course[/QUOTE]http://www.heraldlive.co.za/news/2018/01/17/outrage-bird-shot-golf-course/embed/

^Link to a story about the incident.

This is ridiculous. In almost every one of his hunting videos, Matt explains what he is shooting and the reason why. It would be EXTREMELY uncharacteristic for him to illegally hunt on a property where he didn't contact the owner. Also, the idea of him shooting animals for sport (non-game birds at that) is borderline infuriating because of the amount of time and effort Matt has spent working to be an example of an ethical hunter and encouraging others to do the same.

It seems like they don't even know if the animals were shot with airguns, so I think he's fine on the legal side of things. That doesn't take away the severity of the accusations, though, and it would make them even more illogical. Matt does not deserve this harassment. Find the guy who's actually shooting these animals.

This is yet another example of the left-wing press attacking a basic freedom, which we know here in the US as the Second amendment. We need to be prepared, because the situation isn't going to improve any time soon. And as happened here in the US repeatedly, the firestorm (no pun intended) started because of a scofflaw's action. It is obvious to most who should be punished in this and other instances, but the left seemingly misses that poignant fact! 

http://www.heraldlive.co.za/news/2018/01/17/outrage-bird-shot-golf-course/embed/
^Link to a story about the incident.
This is ridiculous. In almost every one of his hunting videos, Matt explains what he is shooting and the reason why. It would be EXTREMELY uncharacteristic for him to illegally hunt on a property where he didn't contact the owner. Also, the idea of him shooting animals for sport (non-game birds at that) is borderline infuriating because of the amount of time and effort Matt has spent working to be an example of an ethical hunter and encouraging others to do the same.
It seems like they don't even know if the animals were shot with airguns, so I think he's fine on the legal side of things. That doesn't take away the severity of the accusations, though, and it would make them even more illogical. Matt does not deserve this harassment. Find the guy who's actually shooting these animals.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see any mention of Matt in that article, only that birds were shot by someone. Do you have any links to an article where he is being accused of shooting them?