• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Matador Picatinny Rail Install

I purchased a synthetic stock from Brian at Edgun West awhile back. The fore end is bolted to the stock body by a couple of flat head machine screws. I think that the different lengths of gun models just require a fore end change. The distance btwn the two screws is ~80mm. Some 2 hole, 9 slot picatinny rails will fit. I purchased a cheapy Grovtec 9 slot rail for the Keymod mounting system.

The back of the rail had mounting guides that stuck up above the rear face of the rail.

I ground them down most of the way with a Dremel tool and finished them off using sandpaper on a flat surface.

I purchased some 25mm long flat head, Allen machine screws and chamfered the mounting holes as best I could with a conical grinding bit. It wasn't the right tool, but it worked ok. The screws are still a bit proud of the rail face.

The rail fits fairly flat on the stock fore end. There's plenty of room on this 9 slot rail. The screws sticking up don't cause any interference with the bipod mount.

The balance is good and no stock modifications are required.

A couple of days ago I saw a FB post on the Matador group where the OP had his syn stock break off just ahead of the trigger guard. He had mounted a smaller rail way out on the end of the stock. I don't think that'll happen with this setup.