Massive springer sale at AoA pre-owned

I was just looking at that stuff.
What are the main differences between the LG53 and the LG55? I tried researching it but couldn't get any clear answers.
This is the extent of what I could find quickly

Looks like it is basically stock and sight differences. Barrel weights and accessories probably play into it as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moog
Thanks, some very interesting stuff!

But note, those LGV's are the old target rifles from the 1960's and 70's - NOT the 21st-century sporters.
I did grab one. I have a modern LGV master pro also. AoA listed it as in great shape. The only thing I know about springers is how to shoot them. They had some modern stuff also. I got a RX2 and a HW97k.

I bought the $400 .177 Theoben Evolution that is shooting weak (hence the give-away price); but I have a charging adapter to increase pressure in the gas chamber to get the power up to snuff. I also have a new HE piston head (if that's the problem). Lastly, I have... correction, HAD $200 in AoA gift certificates burning a hole in my pocket! Bottom line- the Evolution set me back $236 including shipping! :oops: 😱🤣

Obviously I was the RIGHT BUYER for that Theoben.🥰

I bought the $400 .177 Theoben Evolution that is shooting weak (hence the give-away price); but I have a charging adapter to increase pressure in the gas chamber to get the power up to snuff. I also have a new HE piston head (if that's the problem). Lastly, I have... correction, HAD $200 in AoA gift certificates burning a hole in my pocket! Bottom line- the Evolution set me back $236 including shipping! :oops: 😱🤣

The Theoben was gone by the time I checked.

After you get it sorted be sure to never shoot it and preserve it for the Theoben museum. If I'm correct Evos don't say HE on them?

You scoundrel! Good eye! That’s an amazing price.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio