• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marmot miles barrel on marauder

Have bought 2, one in .25 and .22. The .22 is a laser. Still learning to shoot the .25 ( rifle is shooting well but shoots a little different than the .22) but SIGNIFICANT difference. Shot several quarter sized groups at 75 yards with the .22 with a slight wind this morning. Probably would have shot I few more but I was a bit rusty and I played the wind wrong. Wasn't the rifle's fault. At fifty yards it stacks pellets. You will have to clean the barrel after 200-250 rounds and you will know when it starts losing accuracy. A couple lead cloths and a couple oil patches does it.

Or buy the balanced valve from Travis as well, and never look back!

Having a Travis-built .25 caliber Cobra with all of the goodies has been a real eyeopener for me. At 75 yards, the groups are better than my WAR .25 caliber Marauder at 50 yards. Amazing what happens when you get a couple of guys together who know what to do!

72d86b5f01eaf52a580eca2ed7a6567d.jpg

People seem to like them, I haven't had the opportunity yet. The only thing I hear mentioned by some i9s more frequent cleaning than some but maintenance for excellent groups seems worth while to me. 
Glanced at the site linked to ( have shot with Jim before, he is a very nice fellow)
"these barrels will shoot 1moa out to 60yds from the M-rod"
wow, some listed standard of what to expect , not a lot of barrels sold that way regardless of ...... .
Not sure if he is getting out of the sales end entirely or just having them carried at a west coast modders place soon.

Slightly OT,
Anyone here try the drop in LW being sold for the marauder for $180.00? Decent number of pellets difference and LW's generally seem good. 1st hand exp?

A10, follow his recommended prep and we'll be looking for those grpous to be posted soon.

John

Got a MM barrel in .22 a little over a year ago. The improvement was incredible from the factory barrel. One things for sure, you'll darn well know when you need to clean the barrel cause the accuracy will fall off very quickly. Haven't shot it too much lately, been trying to work with my Impact. The think that got me about it was that after I cleaned the barrel, I would have to shoot about 30 rounds before the accuracy would return and I would have to lube the pellets. All barrels are different, some want to be squeaky clean and will shoot lights out right after cleaning ... others want you to waste pellets while the fouling in the barrel reaches an equilibrium ... and you never know until you buy it which kind you have. Lube those pellets with some FP-10 and you should be alright.