March vs Trijicon for WFTF piston

Was day dreaming about scopes again for WFTF piston. Found these two upper tier scopes. Was wondering if anyone has experience with these scopes. More specifically for Field Target. If you can, please provide feedback on how these scopes will perform regarding: double recoil of a springer, thermal sensitivity, Vertical turret wear/longevity. Thank you

Wished the March could have been at least 50x ...but couldn't find a 50x < with a FML-PDKI reticle ...you would think that for $3700, they would let you choose which reticle you want.

I have the Delta Stryker 5-50 w/DLS-1 reticle and just started using it this year. I believe it is supposed to be similar to the Trijicon. The reticle is fairly fine but usable. I bought the Delta because I like the reticle design better. It has 0.2mrad hash marks and 0.05mrad turret clicks. The minimum parallax is 10m which seems to be correct. At 10 yd the kill zone is a bit fuzzy. The scope is clear at 40X but I haven't used it at 50X so can't really comment on that. The turret graduation markings are large and easily readable. So far I'm liking the scope.

Not sure you need scopes of this $$$ unless you just want one ,because you can .
I wished I could get away with competing with a 8-32 Bushnell Elite for WFTF piston (one of my starter scopes 20+ years ago, retail was $300? new).
Do I need a March or a Trijicon/Delta Stryker?
You be the judge. It has definitely turned into an equipment race at this level of competition.

I wished I could get away with competing with a 8-32 Bushnell Elite for WFTF piston (one of my starter scopes 20+ years ago).
Do I need a March or a Trijicon/Delta Stryker?
You be the judge. It has definitely turned into an equipment race at this level of competition.

WOW , i should take the time and compare placement verses equipment

Reactions: JP806TX
Funny you posted about the Falcon.
That was one of my lower priced options.
Had that model Falcon on my <12 FPE TX 200. Five year warranty. Was shooting it 2 weeks ago. multiple fliers. Swap it out with my Sightron. Fliers disappeared hmmm. Currently out of the Warranty period by 2 years? I'll do some more testing to confirm that it's no longer holding zero before sending it back to see if they can fix it.
Even if they can fix it...This shows me that their design can't survive on a springer...do I sell or play springer scope roulette again?

WOW , i should take the time and compare placement verses equipment
WFTF piston Italy 2022 Scope used
1st place March 8-80X
2nd place March HM?
3rd place Delta Stryker
4th place Sightron
5th place Falcon
6th Place ?
7th Place Sightron
8th Place Leupold
9th Place NF competition
10th place Sightron

I think for those who shoot this venue (WFTF piston), most have identified reliable, repeatable high magnification scopes on recoiling springers as one of the major limiting factors in achieving their potential high scores.

It's unfortunate that these scopes are not economically priced. I think "entry level" scopes for WFTF piston are now around $1500-$1800.

It's a shame but at some level this has become a competition of economics (some are priced out of the competition); competition between equipment and not a competition about shooting skills/ability.

I just don't have the time and energy to initiate a systemic change. And there needs to be fundamental changes if we want to get back to the roots of Field Target and showcase and celebrate shooting abilities VS advertising for these equipment companies.

(sorry getting off my soap box...Monday is too early to be doing this...Then I hear this little voice inside my head: what are you doing at the key board again. Ignore the hype and go out there and shoot. You need to be working on your position and trigger control instead of chasing after pie in the sky scopes ).

PEACE

Last edited:
Reactions: beerthief
Funny you posted about the Falcon.
That was one of my lower priced options.
Had that model Falcon on my <12 FPE TX 200. Five year warranty. Was shooting it 2 weeks ago. multiple fliers. Swap it out with my Sightron. Fliers disappeared hmmm. Currently out of the Warranty period by 2 years? I'll do some more testing to confirm that it's no longer holding zero before sending it back to see if they can fix it.
Even if they can fix it...This shows me that their design can't survive on a springer...do I sell or play springer scope roulette again?
Ah, on a springer.

Not mine, but she sure is a looker (y)

65630374-6A77-49E2-9EE9-F8DB6292F7DB.jpeg

Reactions: JP806TX