March Optics guys chime in....

Thank you for this post , I am going to read through that thread now. I am not on SH but I have wandered over there, I think its another rabbit hole I should stay out of.
Yes, be careful venturing in there. Those guys will put a hurting on your wallet lol. That thread is pretty good. They also have some comparisons of the March-F scopes like the 3-24x42 and 3-24x52.

Yes, be careful venturing in there. Those guys will put a hurting on your wallet lol. That thread is pretty good. They also have some comparisons of the March-F scopes like the 3-24x42 and 3-24x52.

True!

These days I spend a lot of time enjoying the Bear Pit forum at SH. Mostly here

Reactions: Peskådot671
Since I topped my Paradigm with my G2 Mini from Valdada ive been spoiled, tried an arken ep5 on my .257 , lasted two days then I snagged a fullsize G2 Recon for it. I am due to purchase my Evol Mini back and I will not put anything but teir 1 on it (its my money , I can tell a clear difference after spending time with teir 1 vs good budget glass, teir 1 glass doubles the rifles worth as far as capabilities go in my opinion).

I want to save weight, my mini originally had a helix 4-16 and the weight was good at 24 ounces, I was originally looking and pretty stuck on the NX8 2.5-20 mil (i prefer mil) , it weighs in 4.5 ounces heavier than the helix, a couple buddies suggested March and I am stuck on these two options, both weighing in at or under the Helix weight.

Really the mini only needs 15/16 max mag, more mag doesn't hurt but the compact scope 1.5 - 15 fits the perfect bill in size etc

Does anyone have any hands on experience with either? I have heard the eyebox is small on some of the march scopes?

and heres the compact one

Thanks in advance guys!
The Hide is a great place for FFP scope discussion.

Steve mentioned the difference in the 42 and 52 diameter March’s. For years, people have said the 52 is much better. I haven’t owned either, so that is just me passing along hearsay.

As for the NX8. Similarly, many have said that the 2.5-20 is not at the same level as the 4-32. I haven’t tried the 2.5-20, so I can’t speak to that one. I have owned the 4-32. Besides the size/weight, I was actually very disappointed. I was expecting more, having owned an ATACR. That isn’t exactly fair to the NX8, but it wasn’t close to the scope the ATACR was. You talked about compromises earlier, and to me the NX8 made compromises for the size that were not worth it to me.

As you will see, many love the scope, and I always say that they are very personal. Our eyes don’t see the same way, and our priorities are often different. For me, the NX8 was disappointing.

The Hide is a great place for FFP scope discussion.

Steve mentioned the difference in the 42 and 52 diameter March’s. For years, people have said the 52 is much better. I haven’t owned either, so that is just me passing along hearsay.

As for the NX8. Similarly, many have said that the 2.5-20 is not at the same level as the 4-32. I haven’t tried the 2.5-20, so I can’t speak to that one. I have owned the 4-32. Besides the size/weight, I was actually very disappointed. I was expecting more, having owned an ATACR. That isn’t exactly fair to the NX8, but it wasn’t close to the scope the ATACR was. You talked about compromises earlier, and to me the NX8 made compromises for the size that were not worth it to me.

As you will see, many love the scope, and I always say that they are very personal. Our eyes don’t see the same way, and our priorities are often different. For me, the NX8 was disappointing.

Everyone I have talked to that owns or has owned an NX8 in any magnification range was not happy with the IQ. Several said they got rid of them and replaced theirs with a March. I have never even looked through an NX8, but that many people not liking them makes them sound like they are not a "top tier" scope to me. Maybe I will have to look through one some time to see for myself.

I have used a March 1-10x Shorty Dual Focal, 1.5-15x Dual Focal 2.5-25x52 and 3-24x52 scopes. Of all four of them I prefer the 1.5-15x Dual Focal.

Everyone I have talked to that owns or has owned an NX8 in any magnification range was not happy with the IQ. Several said they got rid of them and replaced theirs with a March. I have never even looked through an NX8, but that many people not liking them makes them sound like they are not a "top tier" scope to me. Maybe I will have to look through one some time to see for myself.

I have used a March 1-10x Shorty Dual Focal, 1.5-15x Dual Focal 2.5-25x52 and 3-24x52 scopes. Of all four of them I prefer the 1.5-15x Dual Focal.
I'll give an honest opinion on the 2.5-20x50. I received mine around the latter part of 2020 and did notice some edge distortion. After adjusting the diopter correctly, those issues went away. I previously owned an NX8 1-8x24 which was supposed to be mounted on my Leshiy 2. It had really bad edge distortion which bothered me so I sold it to fund the 2.5-20x50. The 1-8x24 had that fishbowl effect even after I tried so many times to adjust the diopter correctly. Going back to the 2.5-20x50, I will say that in regards to resolution/clarity and contrast, I'm content with it.

There are some downsides though. It could have a better turret feel and zero-stop design. I also wish they offered other reticle designs. I'm not too crazy about the MIL-C and MIL-XT reticles but I just live with it. There are not too many compact crossover types of scopes out there but the industry is getting better and there are some new offerings that are starting to come out.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I have owned 3 march scopes. First one was 5-32 x52 It was awesome. Actually, a pleasure to look thru. I decided I wanted a smaller scope on my Vulcan. so, I sold that & got a 2.5 -25x42, I never liked it , there was something weird about it. Not a Eye box issue something else. My last one was the shorty DR. It was neat & kind of a novelty thing. I guess If I had to do over again, I would keep the first one.
Would you mind trying to describe "weird"? Thanks. S7

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_