• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results March 2024 ASC FT Match Results

The March Field Target match at ASC saw another beautiful day of shooting. Temperatures were mild, wind was a little swishy, but overall a great day to be outside.

To prepare for the Cajuns match coming up, the course was set to "Grand Prix" on the difficulty dial. Scores reflected this with Art W. taking HOA and Hunter division with a 45 of 60. Stan K drove from Arkansas to win the WFTF division. Heath W. beat the piston shooters in both WFTF and Hunter. Open class was a tie between Craig and Scott. Caroline M. was the high lady and tied Jeff for 2nd in WFTF division. 17 shooters shot the rifle match (Jerry had an equipment issue and DNF’ed). Timers were used to help practice for Cajuns and it felt like things progressed smoothly. We had two cold lines, one for a string that got stuck on a target and one for a target that shifted and was not level enough for proper operation.

One interesting statistic about the rifle match was the far target on lane four. This was a black scorpion with a one inch kill zone that was placed in front of a black backdrop at 41 yards. Everyone had at least one miss on this target.

After the rifle match, lunch was eaten and lies were told. The biggest lie was when I told Jeff it would take 20 minutes to switch the course for the pistol match. It took a little longer than that, but we got it done.

Four of us stuck around after the delicious sandwiches provided by Jeff to shoot the pistol match. This was again a very testy and testing course (34.8 Troyer) with 60 shots to practice for the upcoming GP. The birds were singing, the pellets were thumping and Scott and Jeff were talking - for the entire match. This was pointed out to us by Ron, who is apparently going to take up golf so he can get some peace and quiet with his outdoor recreation.

Despite the audio handicap, Ron won the pistol match with a nice 49. Jeff shot a 54, but he was not shooting a legal power level for a pistol match so he was placed in the "fun" category. (This is the first time Jeff has been accused of being fun).

Eight of the thirty targets were cleaned by everyone, which is surprising since I was shooting in the match.

As usual, Ron and Jim C. helped put the targets away afterwards. Thanks to them and to everyone that chose to spend this lovely day with us. Our next match will be April 27th.

Detailed stats are available at https://airgunshoot.com/

Scott
Assistant to the Match Director

2024-03-27 20.31.20.png

Reactions: Podna
The March Field Target match at ASC saw another beautiful day of shooting. Temperatures were mild, wind was a little swishy, but overall a great day to be outside.

To prepare for the Cajuns match coming up, the course was set to "Grand Prix" on the difficulty dial. Scores reflected this with Art W. taking HOA and Hunter division with a 45 of 60. Stan K drove from Arkansas to win the WFTF division. Heath W. beat the piston shooters in both WFTF and Hunter. Open class was a tie between Craig and Scott. Caroline M. was the high lady and tied Jeff for 2nd in WFTF division. 17 shooters shot the rifle match (Jerry had an equipment issue and DNF’ed). Timers were used to help practice for Cajuns and it felt like things progressed smoothly. We had two cold lines, one for a string that got stuck on a target and one for a target that shifted and was not level enough for proper operation.

One interesting statistic about the rifle match was the far target on lane four. This was a black scorpion with a one inch kill zone that was placed in front of a black backdrop at 41 yards. Everyone had at least one miss on this target.

After the rifle match, lunch was eaten and lies were told. The biggest lie was when I told Jeff it would take 20 minutes to switch the course for the pistol match. It took a little longer than that, but we got it done.

Four of us stuck around after the delicious sandwiches provided by Jeff to shoot the pistol match. This was again a very testy and testing course (34.8 Troyer) with 60 shots to practice for the upcoming GP. The birds were singing, the pellets were thumping and Scott and Jeff were talking - for the entire match. This was pointed out to us by Ron, who is apparently going to take up golf so he can get some peace and quiet with his outdoor recreation.

Despite the audio handicap, Ron won the pistol match with a nice 49. Jeff shot a 54, but he was not shooting a legal power level for a pistol match so he was placed in the "fun" category. (This is the first time Jeff has been accused of being fun).

Eight of the thirty targets were cleaned by everyone, which is surprising since I was shooting in the match.

As usual, Ron and Jim C. helped put the targets away afterwards. Thanks to them and to everyone that chose to spend this lovely day with us. Our next match will be April 27th.

Detailed stats are available at https://airgunshoot.com/

Scott
Assistant to the Match Director

View attachment 449790
Ron pistol description. "Old gun ". Love it Scott

I'll take this opportunity to request Arlington Sportsmans Club modify their FT score-cards with additional lines on which to record MY rifles and pistols descriptions. I mean, do they really expect a septuagenarian caveman to describe his rifles and pistols in only two lines?🦧 PLEASE!

It takes that much to just describe the number of decades each required to assemble; much less the assemblage of various components, modifications, generations and evolutions... in hieroglyphology!

That said, not being under the gun of imminent Shooters Meeting at this moment, I'll provide proper descriptions of my field target rifle and pistol.

QB Gauntlet.jpg

My Og Cussed-'Ems Field Target rifle wears a custom stock I commissioned in the early 1980s for a 1960s-vintage Crosman 160 Co2 rifle. The upper (barrel, receiver, bolt and probe) are from a 1990s-vintage Mac-1 QB77 Deluxe. The lower (main-tube, valveworks, and trigger) is from a first-gen Umarex Gauntlet. The bottle is a 13 cubic inch paintball type, with Ninja Flex externally-adjustable regulator. The rig was finally completed a couple months ago; only forty years in the making, with parts spanning only 60 years of vintages.

187 with 12X.JPG

My Og Cussed-'Ems Field Target pistol was converted in 2011 from a 1960s Crosman 180 Co2 rifle that sold brand-new for $20. Including the $85 I paid for the rifle, plus a drop-block to convert it to air, the regulated HPA bottle, and Air Venturi scope mount (marketed for Benjamin/Sheridan pump-rifles) I have about $225 invested in it... not including about 50 hours at my usual airgunsmithing rate of $500/hour.:unsure: OOPS, $300 including the 4-12X Bushnell Legend scope; or $25,300 including the scope and my time (at $500/hour). :eek:

However Ol' Faithful has three National Champion and three State Champion titles to her credit, so I figure she's a bargain by any measure.💵💸💰

So how about providing SIX lines on ASC scorecards to record my equipment, Jeff and Scott? Is that too much to ask? Assuming not, also start Shooters Meetings a half-hour later so I have time enough to fill out MY score-cards. Thank you in advance, Gentlemen.(y)

Reactions: KerrShoot