• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Marauder tube finish how to fix it or redo it?

I had a gen 2 in rough shape when I first started, I took it apart then sanded it with fine sand paper and spray painted with matt black Rust-0leum it's still holding up good .I hung the tube with a welding rod from inside the tube so it was vertical did the same thing with the shrould so they would match .If you do not want to strip the gun down and reseal just pull the shrould and stock then tape up the rest. Good Luck easy to do also True Value has some nice black paint just depends what shade you want

you could paint it or cover it but thats alittle cheezy .. although ive never done it, the oxide parkerized finish could be redone if you cought the stuff to do it, but that would likely cost alot more than just buying a new airtube .. several places have all kinds of parts for the mrod, id just pay attention to the generation you got so threads fit etc ...

Call crosman customer service to get a price on a new tube. If it is the OEM regulated Mrod, the part is #MR-108. If it is a "standard" Gen 2 Mrod, that has been regulated w/aftermarket, the part # is 1764-001. The time you put into refinishing may not be worth it to you. 

I had a Mrod tube that had slight surface rust. I went through the prep and followed a couple of videos on using BC Cold blue. I went through numerous coats and low temp heating in the oven. Overall, I'd say it is OK, but not like new. It is hard to get a consistent shade over a long tube.

I’m thinking maybe I’ll spray it with a rust neutralizing primer and then a black paint, maybe followed by a clear coat. I would rather not break it all down. I think I’ll take the action out of the stock and remove the barrel and then tape up the action. I should break it all down but it’s been a long time since I took a Marauder apart. 

I’m thinking maybe I’ll spray it with a rust neutralizing primer and then a black paint, maybe followed by a clear coat. I would rather not break it all down. I think I’ll take the action out of the stock and remove the barrel and then tape up the action. I should break it all down but it’s been a long time since I took a Marauder apart.

It’ll all come back to you. 10 screws max and a wooden dowel or 1/2” pvc pipe to push everything out and your tubes bare. O rings for the components inside minus the inside of the valve are all the same size at #118. You’ll feel better you did it right, and you’ll love that marauder all over again for its simplicity, and you can freshen it up with fresh lubes and o rings

So, I sprayed the tube with a rust neutralizer after taping everything else up and taking the shroud off. I gave it two coats over the course of two days. After the third day, I did a gunskin wrap on it. It was my first try at using gunskins and it turned out ok. I think I would do much better if I did it again, lol. At least the tube won’t rust anymore…

0FDFE11C-CF79-4E8D-A80B-849439CA88C9.1644161334.jpeg
609D03AE-D262-4150-A354-F4B9A99C00BB.1644161335.jpeg
DA99748D-A023-470F-8F98-BE6538EC3D8C.1644161335.jpeg