Marauder Semi-Automatic loading discharge issue with Crosman *updated

I would try and use them AS IS for now and if it doesn't work reliably I would loosen the clear cover screw a little and try again. Maybe 1/2 turn and try then 3/4 turn. Like how you needed to do for the FX semiautos when using standard non semi auto specific magazines back in the day. Oh wait I didn't share that one with anyone that time oops!

Well, I tried all the suggestions above except for drilling new holes in the mag and re-inserting the spring (too much trouble frankly). The bottom line is this, a combination of taping over the oval to try to re-create the hole in the SAM mags, plus loosening the clear cover screw does work - some of the time. Definitely more than using an unmodified mag, but definitely not 100%. I go from maybe 2-3 trouble free shots with the unmodified mags to 5-6 with the modifications above. Quite possibly adding the suggested spring modifications would get me up to 7-9 shots but its just not worth that much effort and time. The OEM mag that came with the gun cycles perfectly pretty much 100% of the time.

I do have to say that the more I shoot the gun the more I like it. I’m getting more accustomed to the trigger and may adjust it a bit lighter sometime in the coming days or weeks (who thought I could be so busy even though we here in CT are still in a kind of partial lockdown?).

However I am going to wait for the new mags to hit the market then buy a bunch of them. And more pellets! Semi-Auto is quite a blast 😎

FLgunner - I am not sure what the "new" is in reference to on the packaging. It might be that the mag housing is new design. Do those ones have feet on the bottom of them?

ChRiSiS - Glad you like the SAM. It is really easy to blow through pellets with it. Adjusting the spring in the mag takes some time to get the mechanics down. It took me about 20 before if figured out a consistent technique. Now I can do them in seconds. I would think we will have SAM mags out soon.

The trigger travel is a little long but should be 3lbs or less. I have ten(s) of thousands of round though them ( I was getting pellets by the bin of 15lbs at a time) and can pull it back to just before it releases without even thinking about it.

Thanks,

John

FLgunner - I am not sure what the "new" is in reference to on the packaging. It might be that the mag housing is new design. Do those ones have feet on the bottom of them?

ChRiSiS - Glad you like the SAM. It is really easy to blow through pellets with it. Adjusting the spring in the mag takes some time to get the mechanics down. It took me about 20 before if figured out a consistent technique. Now I can do them in seconds. I would think we will have SAM mags out soon.

The trigger travel is a little long but should be 3lbs or less. I have ten(s) of thousands of round though them ( I was getting pellets by the bin of 15lbs at a time) and can pull it back to just before it releases without even thinking about it.

Thanks,

John

John, The packaging said NEW on it, but the magazines themselves are the original (old) style with the oval opening in the clear plastic cover. Ordering direct from Crosman.com, I thought I'd be getting the NEW style that is made to work with the Semi-Auto Marauder. I guess I was under the impression all the .22 magazines would be the same since the new SAM Mags are backward compatible. That was not the case. I now have 2 more .22 magazines, bring my total to between 10-12! I won't run out of magazines for my .22 Mrod, but was really hoping to have a couple spares for the SAM! Thanks for the response.

IMG_9245.1599585672.jpg

I've been waiting for them to be available direct from Crosman so I can use the discount. They seem to be available everywhere but Crosman.com! There's even one for sale in the Member's Classified!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-sam-marauder-22-650/?referrer=1

Since I've already waited this long, I'm even considering holding off till the SynSAM is available just to get the lighter, more durable stock!

I asked Crosman about three weeks ago if they are going to sell it on their own website. They said probably within a month so it should be soon or the beginning of the year. i’m also looking forward using the AGN code. Hoping they will have some magazines available. One magazine with a semi-auto is like buying a sports car and only taking it out once a month for a drive.

I forgot where but I’ve seen a synthetic stock listed, but out of stock. 

It was Midway USA that had the SynSAM listed, but they had a picture of a preproduction model. I hope the new SAM synthetic stock is the same as it pictured on Midway USA, I like that shape better than the blocky design of the current MROD.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020847993

Did you happen to ask if they will be listing the SynSAM around the same timeframe?

@FLgunner I will say that the synSAM in that link is not the right one. That was an old leaked image of the synSAM version. The syn stock that is going to come out is the same as the current stock. We modified the tool to make it work for both the standard action and the regulated action. The difference is the gauge location. 

as far as finding them online at crosman.com. I have been pushing to have a small qty allotted to our website but the problem is we have back orders to fulfill and limited part flow on some parts. Plus everything is still in such high demand we have to shift to other products. So the same reason why the SAM is not on our website is the same reason why other products are not listed in stock. It’s selling faster than we can build it. 

phillip 

@FLgunner I will say that the synSAM in that link is not the right one. That was an old leaked image of the synSAM version. The syn stock that is going to come out is the same as the current stock. We modified the tool to make it work for both the standard action and the regulated action. The difference is the gauge location. 

as far as finding them online at crosman.com. I have been pushing to have a small wry allotted to our website but the problem is we have back orders to fulfill and limited part flow on some parts. Plus everything is still such a high demand we have to shift to other products. So the same reason why the SAM is not on our website is the same reason why other products are not listed in stock. It’s selling faster than we can build it. 

phillip

Thanks Phillip! If the synthetic stock is the same as the current model (albeit the gauge location), then I'm more apt to choose the wood stock. I like the looks of the lines on that stock better. Any chance Crosman will be producing a synthetic stock that's shaped the same as the wood stock in the future?

It would be great if they would allocate a small percentage of those being produced to be listed on Crosman.com! Hopefully, you guys will get caught up soon and it will be available. Until then, I sit waiting patiently for them to appear! LOL! Thanks for the response!

as far as finding them online at crosman.com. I have been pushing to have a small wry allotted to our website but the problem is we have back orders to fulfill and limited part flow on some parts. Plus everything is still such a high demand we have to shift to other products. So the same reason why the SAM is not on our website is the same reason why other products are not listed in stock. It’s selling faster than we can build it. 

phillip

It’s great to see Crosman being so responsive! It is a real treat for Airgun hobbyists. 

I’m hope we get caught up soon but the demand has been really crazy. COVID has a big part in the delays. I can fortunately do most of my job at home but the people making parts we need and building the guns can’t. So once that issue gets resolved as a country then the delays will be limited. Some things are just outside of our control.

as far as a new stock similar not the wood. Maybe in the future but not in the near future. 

We follow a lot. Most of the time the important stuff is brought up to my attention by others in the community. I try to be ahead of everything and bring to the best products to market. In o set to do that I need to know the consumer and what they want. So being involved allows me to build the rapport for our customer based and community influencers. 

Hey,

I’m Phillip Guadalupe the product manager for this rifle. Can you contact me at 585-622-2266 or at [email protected]. I would like to talk to you about this rifle and your experience.

best regards

Phillip
I have the ARMADA SEMI AUTO. The steel pin on the bolt pointed down, that interconnects with the charging handle. Hammered the receiver and mushroomed the receiver. Pinching the charging handle. Why did this happen? I cleaned it up with a dremel, for now.