Benjamin Marauder Semi Auto Report

Bought a Marauder (SAM). Topped with Leupold 3-9 freedom parallax adj model.
I am green as green when it comes to airguns. No stranger to shooting centerfire though. SO, I put it through some initial tests like I would my other guns. Paint me happy. I will feel all the hand pumping to 2300-2500PSI in a couple days though! Definitely getting a 4500PSI compressor! Anyway, here is what I observed mainly:
It loves 16gr pellets. 2500 down to 1500PSI velocity was fairly consistent. The 16gr pellets lost velocity but still grouped great. The 14gr pellets not so much below 1500psi.
Pretty daggum fun to shoot a few hours from the kitchen table! No drive to the range. I just had a 6ft wood picket fence installed and clamped the cardboard target to the top of it at 25yds.
I reshot the 852fps 14.35 at 2000psi and got 815fps ave. Not sure if it gained speed at 2500psi and then went more in line with the other pellets as PSI dwindled. I guess I don't understand what "regulated gas" means yet. I thought it would keep all the shots the same across a range of PSI. Anyway:
IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2204.jpeg

These were 10shot groups shot pretty hasty. Just wanted to see what flew good. The 22gr pellets..LOL The AK47 style roll off the shot trigger was interesting!
IMG_2205.jpeg

Last edited: