Marauder power tune?

Like a lot of new to PCP shooters, I started with a Marauder. At one time I had three, a gen1 .22, a gen2 .22, and a gen2 .25. Then I bought a Wildcat .25. What little shooting I did for the next two years was with the Fx. I sold two of the Marauders, keeping the gen2 .22. Before I got the Wildcat I accumulated a Huma reg, a JSAR TSS & hammer, JSAR transfer port tube, and a 10# spring. I also picked up a 70CC tube extension and a HUMA reg tester. I'm thinking about installing all these parts and doing a speed tune. Now for my questions. First, the Huma reg is for a 25 cal Marauder. Will it work with a 22cal, sorta like a power plenum? Second, can somebody point me to a good instructional video, printed how to, or any step by step instructions that a mechanically challenged doofus can follow. I looked into doing these mods a couple of years ago but have lost track of the advise I was given back then. Thanks in advance for the help.

Don't need a tutorial. Everything is common sense for a Marauder. Just don't damage the o-rings when installing the regulator. There is a Steve Archer tool specifically for it or used an improvised finger (YOUR FAT UNUSED THUMB) pressed FIRMLY into that manometer gauge block hole while doing that regulator installation and back that adjuster down to maybe minus 10-20bar than factory setting. The 10# spring is counter productive since you are installing a regular. It's a lighter spring maybe even the factory spring would do better or isn't that TSS a hammer spring? Use that instead. I am not sure WHICH HUMA you got for the 25 Marauder since theres 2 types. Either way I would back down the regulator down between10-20bar than whats set since you're using a 22 instead.

Like a lot of new to PCP shooters, I started with a Marauder. At one time I had three, a gen1 .22, a gen2 .22, and a gen2 .25. Then I bought a Wildcat .25. What little shooting I did for the next two years was with the Fx. I sold two of the Marauders, keeping the gen2 .22. Before I got the Wildcat I accumulated a Huma reg, a JSAR TSS & hammer, JSAR transfer port tube, and a 10# spring. I also picked up a 70CC tube extension and a HUMA reg tester. I'm thinking about installing all these parts and doing a speed tune. Now for my questions. First, the Huma reg is for a 25 cal Marauder. Will it work with a 22cal, sorta like a power plenum? Second, can somebody point me to a good instructional video, printed how to, or any step by step instructions that a mechanically challenged doofus can follow. I looked into doing these mods a couple of years ago but have lost track of the advise I was given back then. Thanks in advance for the help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK8gDo4GsVI

youtube will help ALOT in making it fun with out anxiety , it should be lots of fun doing it!, tim hill has my two favorite hammer springs a 255 and 262, they work well with just enough length for free flight , im also a fan of the valve and polymer transfer port he sells, i do like the nylon hammer jsar has "air gun pro shop" sells , have fun !!!

This video too -- it's not specifically for what you are asking about but should be considered practically a must see for any m-rod owner as Haj' really breaks it down into really easy to understand concepts. I used it as nearly my defacto guide when installing the huma in mine. I did later on also get the aluminum air tube too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_py1NN6FI

Ideally you'll want to port that valve and barrel port to match whatever transfer port you have, and if exceeding 75-80% of bore OD you want to oval the barrel port to reduce change of damage when loading projectiles. This may require you to open the valves throat as well if its cross sectional area minus the cross sectional area of the stem is less than 5% greater than the cross sectional diameter of your exit port..

.25 cal huma will act as a 'power plenum' so to speak when compared to the .22 cal version. More volume = less pressure drop during shot cycle which can increase energy output.

I tinkered with my marauder until I got a tune I liked. Not a power tune but efficiency. It's a .22 that hits with about 22 foot pounds throwing the JSB 15 grain pellets about about 860. Pretty accurate and I get 50 shots per fill.

All parts from Hill. Regulator, and I don't know why the reg for the .25 wouldn't work in a .22. The tube is the same size, just set the pressure to about 1800 PSI to start.

Transfer Port. Hill sells a little tube that completely replaces the transfer port and just lets the air flow freely.

The valve is the stock Marauder valve in my case. Probably could have gotten more efficiency with the hill, but didn't want to spend the money.

Hammer Spring. I think it was the Hlll #10, though not 100% sure it was the 10.

Hammer - Hill lightweight hammer with the standard Crosman striker.

after tinkering and tuning, really consistent, nicely accurate, not too powerful, mouse fart quiet.

You can tune it anyway you want, and Mr. Hill and Mr. Field Target Tech (Tom Holland) are both incredible resources. Tom led me through my modifications.

good luck!