Tuning Marauder power increase

What do you want more of?

Shot count?

Knock down power?

Accuracy/Consistency?

The M-rod can be be improved, but only by so much before you hit diminishing returns. Low volume in the pressure tube is the biggest handicap I see in the M-rod platform. Yes, you can add a bottle, but by the time you do you could get a gun with those parameters already built in.

My advice on the .25 mrod is to oval out the transfer port on the barrel, drill out the transfer port, and install a heavier hammer spring, and call it good. Any more money you put in after this point (a $4.00 spring), you might as will buy a different gun that will already have what you want. I've read people turn their mrods in to 30 cals or into .257 bullet shooters but at the cost of just buying a texan, and you could have more power and better performance. I was in the same spot as you when I had my .25 mrod and what I did was I sold my mrod and bought a used .25 sumatra and had Wil Piatt power tuned the sumatra in to a 104 ft-lb monster.

after MUCH money dumped into a M-rod it will still be a M-rod.move up to a better platform and start there.i did that three times and have learned from the past.they are good rifles but after putting $1000+ into a couple of them I moved up to higher quality rifles and I am much better off.i am a hunter first and kill ratio went way up.i sold off two of the three M-rods and still have a 25 M-rod with all the good stuff(hill parts among other parts)and the lightweight air tube,sadly I never shoot it as it is stuck in the back shed.

In realty Marauders are quite tunable. You didn’t mention whether you have tried tuning your Marauder yet. By adjusting the transfer port and the hammer spring tension you can tune for quite a range of velocities or shot counts. Do some research. There are lots of articles and Youtube videos on how to tune a Marauder. Without any after market devices. There are also a number of relatively inexpensive after market devices to help increase power or shot count. 

A downside is that tuning a pcp really requires a chronograph. 

Good luck!

If you have access to a machine shop get a gauge block made without the gauge and larger interior to act as a plenum.

the existing gauge block is very tiny as a plenum.

downside is you will no longer have a gauge but if you are well acquainted with the unit you should be able to know offhand how many shots you get per fill, testing this with a chrony of course.