Marauder Pistol

I have a 3x12-44 utg compact scope with the medium rings it came with. Tons of clearance for the objective, only about a 1/16" ccleaance on the magazine.
20200213_091035.1614801278.jpg

This is a Hawke Vantage 2-7x32. I mounted with the turret housing over the magazine as a worst case scenario. If the magazine fell under the tube there would be even more room, obviously.

I measure the saddle height of these rings at 15mm.

I have low rings from other companies that sit higher and medium rings that sit lower, so I would recommend going by saddle height.

If you're using the supplied plastic carbine stock you won't need to worry about the scope sitting too low with any ring that clears the magazine. These stocks sit very low.

The only way I could see needing taller rings is possibly with the folding stock option but I've never tried that.

Not sure if the Hawkes you're considering have bulkier turret housings or not.

thumbnail.1614801419.jpg

I don't have a Hawke mounted, but I used the high mounts when mounting my BB 3-12x32, and with high mounts, as you can see from the photo, there's a lot of room for the objective and magazine clearance. But, because the BB is such a compact scope, it's tough to get a good cheek weld with the standard skeleton stock and medium mounts without issues with the magazine. So, I modified my stock and now the cheek weld is perfect, but when I used medium mounts the scope turret housing didn't clear the magazine. I think the hawke is a better choice and you should be able to use medium mounts.

51003332022_fc3bba067d_c.1614868463.jpg

I have a 3x12-44 utg compact scope with the medium rings it came with. Tons of clearance for the objective, only about a 1/16" ccleaance on the magazine.
20200213_091035.1614801278.jpg

I have the same scope for the Prod but find it a bad combination with the skeleton stock as its too long and the scope doesn't provide the proper eye relief needed. I had to stretch my head and neck forward into an unnatural position to see. I solve this issue by getting the RAI AR stick adapter with AR stock so I can adjust the stock length to see the scope clearly and comfortably. Also, with the RAI adapter with AR stock, you will need a high ring mount for any scope. With skeleton stock, a medium mount will do as the skeleton stock is at an angle, you might in fact need a cheek riser.

Medium or high rings? I'm interested in the Hawke Airmax 2×7 or 3×9

Depends on your stock. If you are planning to use the skeleton stock, medium is just fine. A high ring is too high and need a cheek riser. You should also check the eye relief of the scope, most people finds the skeleton stock too long and need a scope with longer eye relief.

If you are planning to use the RAI stock adapter / AR stock , you will need to use high rings for any scope since your cheek will be in line with the bore and need the height of the ring for a proper cheek weld. Using medium rings will be too low and will be resting your eye socket on the butt stock to see through the scope.