• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder Pistol - Very Tight Magazine

A month back I purchased a Marauder Pistol. The magazine fit is super tight and requires a bit of tapping with a heavy tool to get it out. Has anyone else experienced this?

I called Crosman and they sent me a new magazine. It was the same deal. The problem is the breech lip in the magazine location extends out a few thousands too far. The Crosman CSR said if the new magazine didn't work the airgun would have to be returned for repairs. Ugh!

I shaved a few thousands off of one magazines in the breech recess and it started to fit better. A few inserts and removals later produced shiny scuffs in the recess area. A little more shaving in scuff areas made magazine insertion easier. I eventually got the custom fit magazines to fit like normal.

I am curious if the breech lip in the magazine area is part of the barrel or a separate part? 

It's not the breech or the mag. But lucky you got a free $15 mag. Like above post. It's your barrel. It's extended too far out. So it is making contact with the mag when you insert it in. Take the shroud off to expose the barrel. There are two set screw at the top of the breech. Loosen it a bit and pull the barrel out just a bit to clear the mag. One way of doing is. Insert the mag into the breech. Then lightly push the barrel back in place and tighten the set screws. Now try taking the mag out and reinsert to test it. If it's still tight repeat till you get it how you want. Easy fix. Don't need to send it in or shave off the mag and damage it.

Reactions: 2manyAirGunz
I got a Prod in January as well and the magazines where also very tight and difficult to insert and take out. The manual recommends lubing the barrel o-ring with chamber oil. After I did that the magazines slipped in and out without issue. If you haven’t tried that you might give it a go first. 

1556648659_1378200865cc892d3c31202.22924526_8FD8925A-475E-40D1-8362-306631BCB896.jpeg