• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Marauder Pistol tuning

I was planning on regulating my marauder pistol and was thinking about how to properly tune the valve/hammer for proper plenum usage. My first thought was to use something to limit the air in the unregulated cylinder down to the plenum size. (I think on the Huma it is about 5cc) I did some math and figured something the length of the cylinder that is 5/8 diameter would be perfect to replicate that.(-5% or so) 

Has anyone done anything similar to this to figure out the proper regulator pressure and hammer combo to figure out effective air usage out of a cylinder gun? I want to get around 40 shots at 650-700 fps with 14.3grn pellets. I though it might be a decent idea to read pressure after a single shot after filling to simulated reg pressure. 

I currently have a slightly larger than stock transfer port and bstaley mod with lighter hammer spring. I don't remember the specifics on the transfer port or spring but I think this should be do-able. 

Any other suggestions for valve or hammer mods when regulating the p-rod?

Update: I installed a lane regulator set to 1200 psi and one of those Malaysian straight pull breaches. Still have the bstaley mod but went to a standard hammer spring. 

I decided to leave the gauge block in place so I can pick up the gun and see if I had some air in it. Very happy with the results I did have to play with the hammer spring and throw again to get around 650 fps but I can report I am getting 45 shots before it drops off the regulator. Very happy with the s/d of this setup being around 5fps. Accuracy is something I need to work on though as that is likely just me not shooting much recently.