Marauder modifications

i would go with a tim hill kit , if you contact tim hill and tell him your regulating a mrod he can set you up a kit , i personally like the nylon hammer from JSAR , i feel it is smoother but tim hill aluminum hammer will work , but i would go with the JSAR hammer . youtube has lots of videos on working on the mrod , you should watch a few hrs to get familar with what you will be doing , its fun to do if your not in a big rush
Ive been watching all kinds of videos on youtube the last few days. I will have to talk to Tim. Thank you.

I just picked a marauder up for my wife, wanting to install a regulator to make it more constant. Has anyone else installed a aftermarket stock?
Just one of many ... this a Gen 1 m-rod in a Michael Chucava stock ( NLA sadly ) Stocks by BOYD;s are most common these days,

DSCF0667_50.jpg

My .25 Marauder sits in a Boyds stock and I put a War ssg in it from Travisa few years ago and also a war cross flo depinger. With a 3100 fill pressure and 25.39gn jsb pellets I'm getting I'm getting almost 30 shots averaging 836 at almost 40fpe. I tore it down recently because after about 7 years it finally stopped holding pressure. It was fun working on it and seeing how everything works. I'm wondering if I just replaced the valve with a Hill or Cochran valve and left in the depinger I have War ssg, hammer and everything what would that do for me? I wouldn't mind sacrificing some shots for more power.

My .25 Marauder sits in a Boyds stock and I put a War ssg in it from Travisa few years ago and also a war cross flo depinger. With a 3100 fill pressure and 25.39gn jsb pellets I'm getting I'm getting almost 30 shots averaging 836 at almost 40fpe. I tore it down recently because after about 7 years it finally stopped holding pressure. It was fun working on it and seeing how everything works. I'm wondering if I just replaced the valve with a Hill or Cochran valve and left in the depinger I have War ssg, hammer and everything what would that do for me? I wouldn't mind sacrificing some shots for more power.
sounds like a nice gun ! maybe keep it like it is and get a new gun that was designed better for that , bull pups with long barrels make good power with out getting too long

Robert,
There are tons of upgrades and modifications for the Marauder, and many of them are effective and useful, depending upon what you are looking for. It's a very easy platform to modify and work on, without having special tools.
As far as the Akela is concerned, it's only been around for a couple of years, and parts and modifications are limited.
I have videos on my YouTube channel, Field Target Tech on how to disassemble a Marauder, and another on rebuilding it. Also, have a video on a regulator install alone.
Any questions, don't hesitate.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com
Tom helped me through a bunch of mods to my Marauder a few years ago. Added a Regulator, upgraded hammer, springs, and transfer port. Shoots like a dream now, 50 shots per fill, very consistent. It's an older platform, but because of the age, lots of fans and upgrades available.

Reactions: longdog
Ive been looking into getting an Airgun Revisions .25 marauder. The guy putting these together seems to be the best and for $499 I don't think I could even come close to what he does to these.
I know this post is a year old but Richard Debuek is a great guy and considered to be a Benjaman guru, you can’t go wrong with Airgun Revisions

Reactions: longdog