• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Marauder Modification Questions

I bought a .177 Marauder F&T version last year as sort of a backup/lightweight to complement my FWB P70FT. The Mrod shoots very well but that trigger is kind of ridiculous. I keep meaning to modify it but I still have a couple of questions that I can't find answers to by searching.

1. Do I need to degas the rifle before doing modifications on the trigger group?
2. Does anyone know the size (ID/OD) of the O-ring or stack of washers (ID, washer thickness and number) needed to replace the lawyer spring?

Additionally,
3. Is there some way to reduce the pull force required on the bolt but maintain the current power output?

You can work on the trigger with the gun pressurized. If it has the "lawyer" spring you can doable it by straightening out one of the ends. Google lawyer spring marauder and some vids should come up. Adjusting the hammer spring tension will affect the power level. A well lubed bolt will cycle more easily, I use a little moly grease on mine. Just don't overdo it.

Reactions: Yardstick
You can work on the trigger with the gun pressurized. If it has the "lawyer" spring you can doable it by straightening out one of the ends. Google lawyer spring marauder and some vids should come up. Adjusting the hammer spring tension will affect the power level. A well lubed bolt will cycle more easily, I use a little moly grease on mine. Just don't overdo it.
I actually just watched the first video that I found on that spring modification. I would like to remove the spring entirely for now so I don't really want to bend it.

I had one more question too.
4. Are there any magazine mods or known issues with fixes? I have two magazines that don't seem particularly reliable. I have the single shot tray but sometimes it would be nice to be able to use the magazine.

The screw that holds the cover on can be loosened a tiny bit so the rotor will turn easier. You can adjust the tension on the mags by using a different hole to anchor the return spring. I found it's a bear to put them back together after tightening the spring. Maybe a video will show you a good way. The mags also need cleaning from time to time.

I'll have to see if that improves the magazines that I have. I haven't used them for a while because they weren't reliable.

For future reference if anyone comes looking for the same info - the lawyer spring is on a post that is about 3.15mm diameter. The max OD of whatever goes in that space should be 6-6.4mm. The spring is about 2.8mm thick and there's about 3mm of space to fill. Six standard M3 washers was about perfect!

Edit to add - Wow, that's a MUCH improved trigger without that silly extra spring in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: AimenStraight
The RAW trigger blade is also a nice upgrade over the stock item. I had to drill the pivot out just slightly to fit it over the pin, but it is otherwise a drop in replacement for my Gen 1 Marauder trigger.
IMG_9355.jpg

I have two guns set up with the RAW trigger blade, and agree that it is an improvement over stock. If you want the ultimate in upgrades by swapping out the one part, you could use the Rowan Engineering RAW blade for even better results. I have one of these on my purpose built bench rest Bottle-Rod and it is fantastic. I also have their trigger on my Daystate Air Ranger and am thrilled with it there too: https://www.rowanengineering.com/products24.htm#theobenadjtrigger

Do note that neither of these are true "drop in" mods - the RAW trigger pin that it mounts on is a tad smaller than the Marauder's pin, so you will need to drill it out to get it to fit, but this is easy to do even with a battery powered hand drill. Also note that all of my Marauder's are Gen I, but the trigger blades are the same between Gen I and II . . . .

Reactions: rcarlisle
I have two guns set up with the RAW trigger blade, and agree that it is an improvement over stock. If you want the ultimate in upgrades by swapping out the one part, you could use the Rowan Engineering RAW blade for even better results. I have one of these on my purpose built bench rest Bottle-Rod and it is fantastic. I also have their trigger on my Daystate Air Ranger and am thrilled with it there too: https://www.rowanengineering.com/products24.htm#theobenadjtrigger

Do note that neither of these are true "drop in" mods - the RAW trigger pin that it mounts on is a tad smaller than the Marauder's pin, so you will need to drill it out to get it to fit, but this is easy to do even with a battery powered hand drill. Also note that all of my Marauder's are Gen I, but the trigger blades are the same between Gen I and II . . . .
I have a couple of Rowans, IIRC you can order them with the correct pin size so that they are indeed drop-in.

Airgun revisions also sells "competition trigger blades", which I believe are current gen challenger triggers, I have one of those in another gun..... actually I prefer this one over the Rowan if you do not need the fore and aft adjustment.