• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder Leaking problem

So a few months back I finished my .357 build for my marauder and all of a sudden I started having air leaks everywhere. I got the JSAR aluminum tube for it and I'm getting air leaks out of the fill port and the pressure gauge. I've already replaced the orings except the small one under the pressure gauge. I went ahead and ordered a new fill tip because it was looking very worn out and I plan on doing an entire o ring change to it in the coming days. could it by chance be the reservoir that is causing the leak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

My ( limited ) experience is that unless O rings lose their elasticity, they can seal effectively even if there are small cracks or cuts. On my Hunben K1, one of the O rings sealing the air tube has got a cut across the section by as much as half of it's thickness and a shallower cut of about 10 mm long along the circumference but still it seals perfectly. I replaced it eventually just because it makes me feel better. More often than not, leakage are due to scratches at the seat of the O rings so the solution is to polish the metal at the seat rather than replacing the O rings. As the leakage problem started after you have replaced the air tube, I would say this is a more likely cause. It is just impossible for all the O rings on you gun suddenly went on strike together so replacing them is unlike to be the solution. 

had the same problem i kept making a small cut in the o ring as i pushed valve in i tryed useing a allen to push it in so it wont slice it but it did i kept thinking it was the valve but the large oring on gauge port kept getting a very small slice in it i finaly got it and put cylinder in water to make sure no leak found this to help ARCHER AIRGUNS GAUGE PORT FILLER TOOL FOR BENJAMIN MARAUDER AIR RIFLES

You could also smooth down any and all holes your oring travels over and polish the tube. I actually dont know if you can polish an aluminum tube the same way as a steel on but on steel a brass brush on a drill will polish nicely. You should look up if you can do that to aluminum which obviously is a softer metal. 800 grit then 1000 grit wrapped around a chop stick is what i use to take edges off around any holes o ring must pass over. Good luck

I was going to order that tool from Archer, but then I just kept looking around the house for anything that could be used.

This came off of a old backpack or pair of shoes, I forget exactly, zip tied to depth, works like a charm.
1558820784_18779324855ce9b7b0831400.84177746_20190525_124459.jpg

be sure to check for any edges in openings with a q-tip or finger for ruff ness , use a good amount of silicone and BE CAREFUL passing through openings! your never in that big of a hurry! the machine work on my aluminum tube from JSAR was beautiful ! but check any way, and try some Tim Hill silicone oil, good stuff, careful goes a long way! good luck!!!