• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Marauder help

I have two unregulated 22 cal Marauders.The older one a 2019 when tuned proper shoots around 50 14.3 pellets at 875 fps. with max air, spring and hammer it shoots 21 gr slugs at 890 fps- 23s at 870. Not that many of course. The newer one a 2022 when well tuned gets about 30 14.3 at 875 and at max tune gets 810 fps with 21 gr slugs.I did not try 23s. Both guns have a couple thousand rounds through them. I have watched hours of marauder video for hints and things to try.No luck. Hope you fellas can help.I will be contacting crossman tecks for there advice also. THANKS

The dwell could be different between the two rifles and the valve still open after the pellet is gone wasting air. Another possibility is that one has hammer bounce or more hammer bounce thus wasting air once the pellet is gone away. The TP seals could be leaking more air on one than the other. There could be more blow by between the barrel and breech due to tolerance differences in fit between the rifles. Perhaps one barrel is slightly tighter on the pellets requiring more air to get similar velocity or loose enough that it is not effectively sealing with the pellet skirt. The pellet probe seal may be leaking or not sealing as well on the one rifle. You are using more air for the same result with one rifle than the other. Something is different somewhere.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
OK Well I can not get to technical because I am not! After reading my own recorded data I came up with the Idea.I set air at max-spring at 1 1/4-hammer at 2 1/2=875 fps with ascending velocity to 895 in 10 shots.At this time I adjusted hammer in one turn and velocity went back to 875.Again ascending to 895 in 10 shots and then in with hammer 1/2 turn more back down to 875.I did not adjust any more and stayed 875 to 895 and finished at 50 t0 55 shots.The marauders are definitely individuals.A place to start.If this helps Great if not oh well! all with 14.3 crosman