Benjamin Marauder Field Target

Hi, I was wondering if the regulator on the Marauder Field Target can be easily removed and the gun used as a conventional Marauder?

Looking to buy used and bumping up the energy a bit.
you can leave the reg in and just add a few parts and do a small amount of work , if your going for big power you may want to just get another gun , but if shooting 22 cal 18 gr. or 16 gr jsb at around 900fps with good shot count around 40 per fill then that will be a good gun , parts like from tim hill youll need his polymer transfer port and his drill and ball hone for the barrel transfer port , get 2 one for back up , youll need a peek striker too , then to the next shop ! JSAR " youll need a twin spring system , its 85 bucks , then the ssg " MARAUDER/ARMADA STOPPING SPRING GUIDE RETROFIT another 40 bucks ! and to finish the job dont forget the nylon hammer ! 50 bucks ! none better for being smooth ! back to tim hill get a oring kit and silicone lube for the job , when you put it all back together (CLEAN EVERY BIT OF SILICONE OUT OF THE END WHERE THE HAMMER GOES !!!) then clean a little more ! do all this and youll have a nice shooting gun ! or just buy a different gun , also recomend talking to tim hill about modifying your valve or even getting a tim hill valve , they work real nice , its all parts i have in mine , might be a lot easier to just find a gun closer to what your looking for it to do

Last edited:
Reactions: Pea Shooter
Hi, I was wondering if the regulator on the Marauder Field Target can be easily removed and the gun used as a conventional Marauder?

Looking to buy used and bumping up the energy a bit.
I just did a Hill valve and Huma regulator install on my Marauder FT. You will need a PVC pipe (I believe I used a 3/4" schedule 40) to remove the valve, regulator and gage block. You really need a de-gassing tool too, but you could slowly loosen the gage and allow air to bleed out overnight (so I've heard) or shoot it down (a PITA). All of this is on Youtube. Note, the hole for the pressure gage is sharp and will damage the seals. Plan on getting several seal kits for the gun, which you can get from Archer Airgun.

So you need to do some research and shopping for seals, PVC pipe, and degassing tool to service the gun easily. And you'll need silicone grease for the seals (research that too-- no petroleum based grease!).

The hole for the pressure gage has a forward location compared to non-FT Marauders due to that factory regulator being between the valve and the gage block. The easy way out of this is to use a Huma regulator with an XL plenum, but that deletes the gage and gosh, how do we know the reservoir pressure after that?? Spend more money!! Huma makes an end cap/fill port/gage thingy. My next Marauder will be a non-FT. There's parts from Hill and Huma that drop right in to keep the pressure gage.

Huma makes a regulator now specifically for the FT model.

im just wondering if you have to drill the gage block out a little so it fits over adjuster ?

i probably wouldnt be cutting too many corners when rounding up parts . some of these guys here have machinist tools and knowledge of what to do with parts , buying well made parts is a lot cheaper than buying a shop and tools and learning to make them !any way a plan before you start goes a long way for success ! ive bought valves some didnt work good or leaked or other things , some you cant get any more , but the tim hill valve is in my mrod now and i see it staying in there , short of going for massive power it works very smooth and never has sticky first shots ! thats important. i really like the parts for the hammer area from JSAR , the adjustable end cap with the SSG also with that . keeps your hammer from bouncing around making noise and wasting air that also adds to the shot noise, the JSAR nylon hammer is the smoothest , but " you must clean all the silicone etc out of the hammer area or youll go to shoot one day and the hammer will be sticky and your gun will be hard to cock and your shot speed will be all over the place and youll say (WTF?) i like to air up the tube and re clean the hammer compartment again , then then install your hammer ! any way ive had a lot of valves and this and that hammers etc... the parts i spoke about are good parts , as for the reg i changed to a stock so to speak air tube so my ft mrod has a second gage hole in it , have pictures if you care to see how that looks just PM me ill take a pic on my phone and send it to your phone , any way good luck on all this great FUN !!! cause it is !

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I'm an advocate of getting good parts rather than buying several sub par parts before buying the one you should have gotten in the first place. I've gone the route of buying cheap and pouring a lot of parts for modification and ending up with a product that cost more than the better product you should have gotten. That's why I thought I'd ask here first to see what I'm getting into. Thanks again.

Reactions: joelayfield
Thanks everyone for all the advice. I'm an advocate of getting good parts rather than buying several sub par parts before buying the one you should have gotten in the first place. I've gone the route of buying cheap and pouring a lot of parts for modification and ending up with a product that cost more than the better product you should have gotten. That's why I thought I'd ask here first to see what I'm getting into. Thanks again.
some of these parts arent cheaper , i dont like to talk about one guy vers another , im just saying i have bought over time most all the parts , had a lot of problems with different valves. the blue tim hill is by far the most consistent ! its in my gun and will probably stay there . my mrod is really smooth cocking and shooting with the parts i talked about ,

if you do any of this you'll probably want a chronograph , fx makes one for 200 that is fast n easy to use , you cant tell by guessing how fast your gun is shooting , just cause its loud doesnt mean its shooting fast , i may mean your wasting air , and you probably wont want your gun shooting over 900 , 880 is a magic place to start for accuracy

Model is a "FIELD & TARGET" .... Crosman corp has never made a Field Target Marauuder :LOL:

Not trying to be an ass here ... just keeping new readers & owners from thinking & stating they have a model that the F&T is not ... :cry:
hey Scott i grew up eating mnm's took me a while to learn the difference 😊 and thanks for your great help with my BSA ! i was stuck with out your much appreciated help ! i was ready to throw it in a box and send it out , you got me through it , much thanks !!!

Reactions: Motorhead
Model is a "FIELD & TARGET" .... Crosman corp has never made a Field Target Marauuder :LOL:

Not trying to be an ass here ... just keeping new readers & owners from thinking & stating they have a model that the F&T is not ... :cry:
hey Scott i grew up eating mnm's took me a while to learn the difference 😊 and thanks for your great help with my BSA ! i was stuck with out your much appreciated help ! i was ready to throw it in a box and send it out , you got me through it , much thanks !!!

Yes you are being an ass!!! Benjamin Marauder Field and Target Air Rifle is the title.. So yes they made a Marauder Field Target, in short. Most everyone says Marauder Field Target, in short. Most everyone knows that one means factory regulated Marauder, when using this statement. I cant believe you went out of your way to be rude. As a mater of fact, type benjamin field and target in any search engine, the first thing that will come up is
Global web icon
Pyramyd Air
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/benja…

th

Benjamin Marauder Field And Target Air Rifle

• Haha
Reactions: joelayfield
Yes you are being an ass!!! Benjamin Marauder Field and Target Air Rifle is the title.. So yes they made a Marauder Field Target, in short. Most everyone says Marauder Field Target, in short. Most everyone knows that one means factory regulated Marauder, when using this statement. I cant believe you went out of your way to be rude. As a mater of fact, type benjamin field and target in any search engine, the first thing that will come up is
Global web icon
Pyramyd Air
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/benja…

th

Benjamin Marauder Field And Target Air Rifle

It is not really a field target gun. This is why crosman has reciently changed the title to Marauder regulated.

• Haha
Reactions: Motorhead
It is not really a field target gun. This is why crosman has reciently changed the title to Marauder regulated.
My guess is they dropped the field & target name because they stopped offering the regulated Marauder in .177 cal. It’s only offered in .22 cal now.