Tuning Marauder field and target factory settings

Mine is a couple of years old. It chrono'd at 860 with these settings: Striker, (aka hammer), (smaller Allen screw from hole in back) 12 turns in, Hammer spring preload at 5 turns in, and Valve screw 4 turns out. This seems to be discussed factory settings. I also used to get about 80 shots before my velocity dropped.

I recently chrono'd it and it is at 720! The settings were exactly as above. I started increasing the hammer spring turns, but after 6 nothing happens as it just turns in place. There was no increase in velocity. So I reduced the striker turns which allows the hammer to travel a greater distance and hit the valve pin with more force. No increase in velocity but a distinct "blaaat" sound which told me I was just wasting air. I reduced the valve opening to 3 turns out, which if you look what that does, is not a big restriction, and it did not increase or decrease the velocity, but it did sound better. 

I put the settings to Striker 12, Spring 5, Valve 3 and my velocity was still 720ish. What I did find is that I decided to shoot the gun from a fully pressurized 3000 psi (velocity = 720) down to about 1000 psi when the velocity was just starting to fall into the low 700's. I got 120 shot (12 magazines!). So the gun is very efficient, but I'm thinking my regulator is now around 1000 psi. 

I thought about getting a HUMA set for 120 / 130, but the gun is soo accurate out to 60 yards, why bother. I hope this helps.