• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder "Custom Shop" response...

I was kicking around the idea of picking up a custom shop marauder, thinking it would be something I could put a lot of pellets through and be able to fix myself as needed, and maybe it wouldn't be as fussy as my $1,999.00 boutique gun. I also wanted it with the synthetic stock as I shoot standing offhand and like the idea of it being a pound lighter.

So I give Crossman a call and find out the only options are what is listed. They only have the wood stock available in plain and in some camouflage patterns. Not what I wanted to do, but I asked if I had to buy the "Custom Shop" gun and then a synthetic stock on a separate order and was told the "Custom" guns are different and will not fit into the synthetic stock. That just doesn't sound right. 

rong1966... well that makes sense now, thanks.

Glem.Chally... I'll look into a Royale. I'm retired, have 13 partially wooded acres and can easily shoot 3 or more thousand rounds a month. I'm a shooter and like something dependable and easy to fix. That was the reason for the marauder idea. My Impact X now has me a little intimidated. FX does stand behind their warranty but I almost feel like I shouldn't run a couple of hundred down the barrel anytime I want. 

I have 2 PCP's. Both have been left at the factory settings and both have been in for leaks. I'm almost to where I'm thinking shoot my HW break barrels a lot and occasionally have some fun with the PCP's. 

leadfoot,

Check out the nova liberty, it's cheap, regulated, side lever, available with synthetic stock and very easy to work on. I love mine and have put a lot of pellets and slugs through it. You will need to smooth out some rough edges but if you are a little bit handy you can tweak the regulator and hammer spring to get some good power and keep a high shot count. The way I have mine set up I get 38+ ft lbs with the h&n match 21.39 grain and about 50 shots before it falls off the reg.

Jim

Pyramid Air custom ordered Marauders from Crosman with the standard wood stocks, air tubes and gauge location but with picatinny breechs and Lothar Walther barrels in both .177 and .22 calibers just like the Custom Shop Mrods. They had some left as of last week and they are $599.99. Just add the regulator of your choice. Better than a Custom Shop but no custom engraving.

I bought a cs mrod lw barrel regulated. couldn't get the power to push a 16 gr with out disrupting the tune and wasting air ! hammer bounce came into play. went to a tim hill valve with a light valve spring and the 292 hammer spring and the tim hill hammer "aluminum" light weight, and the polymer large port, and and drill to open up the transfer port in the barrel , and ball hone to clean up all rough edges, with the tim hill 292 hammer spring being short you get free flight! with the hammer backed all the way off I had 40 shots on the reg just airing up to 2800 psi, the gun had good power and shot deadly accurate for 40 shots, 16 gr ! that's with using the factory reg as it comes , no adjusting anything on the reg , at this point you have a excellent gun! at least I did... I say did because im on another valve now and waiting on another valve to mess with it again! , but the tim hill system works well with the regulated mrods " at least in 22cal. that im aware! get the complete kit minus the reg and fowllow instructions and you will have a super nice shooter

• I have to agree with FuzzyGrub in that an aftermarket regulator will give you more adjustability overall and will more than likely be of better quality than the Crossman offering. 

• As to why the synthetic stock supposedly will not fit the factory regulated rifle doesn't make sense to me. The reg resides in the air reservoir and isn't externally adjustable so there should be no way to tell from the outside that the rifle is reg'd.

• As to why the synthetic stock supposedly will not fit the factory regulated rifle doesn't make sense to me. The reg resides in the air reservoir and isn't externally adjustable so there should be no way to tell from the outside that the rifle is reg'd.

The crosman factory regulated gun has the reg between the valve and the gauge block. This moved the gauge block/gauge further toward the muzzle. So the syn stock does not line up with the gauge. Crosman also made the air tube slightly longer on the reg model, but that does not impactt stock fitting. 

Possible work arounds to fit syn stock: Remove gauge and install plug (1/8" bspp?), go with no gauge or add the Huma gauge/fill assy, around $70.

An aftermarket reg on the standard mrod, would still be my preference. 

The crosman factory regulated gun has the reg between the valve and the gauge block. This moved the gauge block/gauge further toward the muzzle. So the syn stock does not line up with the gauge. Crosman also made the air tube slightly longer on the reg model, but that does not impactt stock fitting. 

Possible work arounds to fit syn stock: Remove gauge and install plug (1/8" bspp?), go with no gauge or add the Huma gauge/fill assy.

An aftermarket reg on the standard mrod, would still be my preference. 

Ahh, thank you for that info FuzzyGrub. makes total sense now. that gives the rifle the ability to have its reservoir pressure read instead of its regulated plenum pressure. good workaround from Crossman. 

I would and have gone with huma as well.