Marauder Bull-Pup Done Well!

Yeah that is a cool Bullpup Marauder. I remember years ago when there were kits to convert to a bullpup going for $500... People wanted Crosman to make a Bullpup, But they released the Bulldog .357

The Akela is basically a Marauder Bullpup... And I must say these new "craftsman series" rifles are better than Marauders in a few ways.

Marauder bullpup kits are still available here
https://craftsmanvit.com/collections/bullpup-conversion-kits/products/benjamin-marauder-gen1-gen2-bullpup-kit 

The CraftsmanVit kits are nice. I liked my Marauder better after putting it in the bullpup kit. The only caveat about them is they lack a linkage to operate the safety. I was well aware of this before I ordered mine but for some people this may be a deal breaker. 
I also own the Akela. It’s a better built rifle than the Marauder IMO. The two things that would have made it better was to mount the cocking lever mid chassis and put detents for the transfer port adjustments so that the settings would be more repeatable between low and high. Crosman definitely missed the boat in not offering small caliber bullpups and side levers years ago. 

Yeah that is a cool Bullpup Marauder. I remember years ago when there were kits to convert to a bullpup going for $500... People wanted Crosman to make a Bullpup, But they released the Bulldog .357

The Akela is basically a Marauder Bullpup... And I must say these new "craftsman series" rifles are better than Marauders in a few ways.

I don’t own a Marauder, therefore I am only somewhat familiar with it’s detailed mechanics. What are some differences? Differences between the new “craftsman series” ones and the original?

I have owned a couple .22 Marauders... If it were not for the Marauder there would not be any Craftsman series. 

That said... In my opinion the new Rifles have better wood stocks than any Mrod I have seen. The metal work and finish are a premium quality. The Picatinny rails are better than the dovetail(New Marauders have picatinny as an upgrade option), the power adjuster is easier to "tune" for desired pellet velocity...vs the 3 different adjustments on Marauders to adjust power... Pretty sure the shot string is flatter and longer than my best Marauder tune with bell curve.

Side lever over bolt... Threaded barrels... Even the air stripper inside the Shroud was made of aluminum Vs. The plastic on the Marauders. Best of all... Backyard friendly which ties with the Marauder.

Not beating down on Marauders... Just think the camaro just beat the corvette for Crosman if you get the analogy.

I have owned a couple .22 Marauders... If it were not for the Marauder there would not be any Craftsman series.

This doesn’t make any sense to me being that the marauder has nothing to do with the new craftsman line. Different trigger, valve, cocking mechanism, breech, and most importantly the craftsman line was made by Kral not Crosman. 
If it was not for the proven success of the Kral guns there would be no “craftsman” line. Crosman saw that Kral could build decent airguns for relatively low cost and had the manufacturing capability. Smart move on Crosman’s part. Why build a new factory when you can just have someone else build the guns for you(assuming they can maintain quality). So you can thank the puncher breaker or whatever other guns Kral has

The Marauder is a 100% US designed gun by Crosman. The craftsman line probably refers to Kral in Turkey manufacturing them. Less tinkering involved with the Kral guns they shoot great and accurate straight out of the box no regulator needed.

Like the New Toyota Supra is a BMW made car. However in this case it's a big thumbs down for me. My last Bimmer is a Bummer at only 40 something thousand miles all kinds of problems and I hadn't even hot rodded or modded anything and yup right after the warranty was over... Hugest paperweight even all my Mercedes had problems matter of fact my VWs and Audi too all of my newer German cars had issues... Sticking with Toyota's and Lexus... Dang even my last Caddilac gave problems!!!