• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder barrels. Crosman or Lothar?

I'm looking to buy another new Crosman Field Target. I have the regulated .22 with the Crosman barrel and am very happy with it's accuracy. Has anyone shot the .177 Field Target Marauder with the Crosman barrel and/or the Lothar barrel? As nice as my ..22 groups with the Crosman barrel I'm thinking of getting the crosman barrel on a regulated .177. The new Crosman barrels seem to be quite an improvement. Thoughts?

I also have a new from last summer Mrod.22 non regulated with Crosman barrel. Its a laser beam tack driver,, I can't outshoot it. Dime size 50yard 10 round full mag groups, for at least 3 full mags.Sometimes 1 ragged hole half that size.

And I've cleaned it once now, after thousands of pellets... Its the perfect pesting rifle for around my property. Seems like its shooting heat seeking pellets that just can't miss the kill zone. Could be part of its accuracy is in the trigger. Its the only gun I haven't messed with the trigger, as out of the box its trigger was/is superb, couldn't ask for a better trigger imo.

Luv my Mrod for sure but wouldn't add another to my gun collection,, even in a different caliber. They say the .22 mrod is the best mrod caliber. What can a .177 mrod do that a .22 can't..? Curious, why get another Mrod, so many other great options..?

If you do decide on another mrod 177 can't see why anyone would spend another $130 for a LW barreled gun when the new Crosman barrels seem to be outstanding. Was told last winter Crosman retooled some of their barrel production with high quality state of the art tooling that rivals any of the top barrel makers. Crosman is no small new to the game player, I'd be surprised if they couldn't make an industry competitive barrel...

JMO

acs: To answer your question "What can a .177 mrod do that a .22 can't..?" I was considering what many said about Field Target scoring. Many have pointed out when shooting at a .25" strike zone a .177 has a better chance of making a clean hit not a split. I have choosen not to buy another Marauder. For a little less money I bought a nice used FX T12 Whisper from AofA. Hopefully have it by the weekend!

Christopher

1549899656_3254260995c619788f17368.62995193_FX T12.jpg