• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder barrel angle

New to the site so go easy on a new member.
got back into airgunning over the last two years and rebuilt my HW80 with cracking results.
moved onto a PCP my first, Benjamin Marauder having researched it fairly well i chose this gun to start with.
threw on my HW 80 optic and went to the races.
firstly noticed the angle of the barrel shroud, almost,if not touching strap.
my questions are 
why is this barrel shroud and barrel so high and touching.
how do i rectify this without bending something inadvertently.

i have read some bend/force the barrel down to center it to the bracket/strap.
makes no sense to me as the thread the shroud fits onto would surely pull it back.

any help given is greatly taken guys, and any improvements i can make to this gun please let me know.
i am enjoying myself again in the airgun world.
thanks 

Martin.

Welcome Martin,
A picture would help-from your description it sounds like the shroud almost touches the top of the barrel band? The shroud on my .22 Gen 1 was close to the bottom of the barrel band. I eventually removed the O-ring in the barrel band and added an aluminum ring to make the shroud center in the barrel band-you can just see it in the pic. This seems to have stabilized the POI from fill to fill. I also lubed the o-ring on the thimble at the end of the barrel inside the shroud with silicone grease. It is recommended on the Gen 1 Marauders to tighten the shroud completely then back off a quarter turn.
1528314450_14336551915b183a529702e6.50523295_DSCF6221 - Copy (2).JPG

My .22 Gen 1 loves JSB 18.1 and 15.89 pellets

thanks for the info John, very much appreciated.
i will put up a picture or two on the close proximity of the barrel/shroud.
so if i understand the shroud is not to be tightened against the mount shroud, one quarter turn off will allow the barrel to float and center itself better in the barrel band.

perfik, i will make the adjustment tonight and see where it sits.
using Premier hollow point 14.3 gr and it is very accurate out of the box.
chrono running at 865/870 fps.

does the fact you have an aluminum ring centering make any noise difference eg. ringing off the shroud, just curious.

Martin.