• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder 25 owners help please

The marauder is a great gun to start out with and has probably one of the biggest communities for support in tuning and modding your gun. Although I'm about to sell my regulated .25 marauder since I got a Kalibrgun Cricket. Just haven't got around to listing it, pm me if your interested. 
I used to snipe birds in the 50-75 yd range for hours, killed countless douglas squirrels, and dropped 2 goats with a good head shot. Has decent power and accuracy with the right pellet. JSB king 25.4gr shoot the best out of my gun so far. 
here's pretty regular a 50yd group with JSB kings

havent shot a lot of 100yd groups but this is what it shot with JSB kings (ignore the one shot on the right, was my shot to gauge my hold over) 

Snake-Eyes the .25 Marauder is the AK 47 of the air gun world. Everyone seems to use or have used one, a user friendly design, ease of maintenance, you can hit what your shooting at, and second to none product support. My Marauder will shoot pellet for pellet with my FX Bobcat at 50 yards. If I had to sell one of my PCP it would be my FX bobcat (terrible support) and not my Marauder.

My Marauder .25 is an excellent gun. Lots of support within the airgun community, not that I have had any problems. For the price I think it is one of the best guns to have. Is it the prettiest? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. After hitting my targets at 75 yards all day long, the gun sure gets a lot prettier if you know what I mean. If I could change one thing it would be the shot count, but hey when the fill pressure is 3K psi or less, your just not going to get the same shot count of a higher pressure gun, and I have those too. If the Marauder stock had the same rubber, tactile feel as the FX synthetic stocks, then that would be a gun that shoots and feels good in your hands. Hope this helps. Personally I think the Marauder .25 with the Green Mountain barrel is the bees knees of the honey you will spend. lol. Enjoy.

I have a 25 Marauder synthetic second generation. With the 25 gr. JSB pellets it provides 16 shots at 865 fps with a less than 10 fps spread. Fifty yard eight shot groups are one hole half inch. Hundred yd groups are ca two inches and I can get out to 140 yards with ease. It is a great bang for the buck. I also own a Cricket and Daystate Airwolf in 25 and the Marauder is competitive with them. The only minus of the Maruder is the limited shot count. However 16 shots seems more than enough for the normal hunting situation.

I own a .22 marauder and I've tuned my friends .25 marauder. If you want long range shooting without modding, get the .25. You will probably end up modding anyway because the parts are cheap and easy to get. With the .25, you can expect 16 good shots at around 37 foot pounds of energy and get around a 3/4" group at 50 yards. Anything after 50 yards, it seems like on paper it opens up a lot but when you have a critter in the crosshairs past 50 yards, they always seem to drop. The only thing I've done to my .22 is install a Marmot Militia hammer forged barrel and it was well worth the money. I went from a 1 1/2" group at 50 yards to a sub 1/2" group using 18 grain JSB pellets. I'm getting just over a 1" group at 100 yards. I'm getting 20 shots at 33 foot pounds with a 20 fps spread and if I drop the tune to 30 foot pounds, I get 30 shots per fill with the same 20 fps spread. For me, the .22 was a better option because of the shot count, but the stock barrel only likes Crosman Premiers and 40 yards is the max I would shoot out to. With the new barrel, If it's within 120 yards, its dead. In the end am I glad I went with the Marauder? Yes. Parts are cheap and easily attainable. Tuning is easy once you learn how to do it. If you don't like something on the rifle, there's a good chance you can find an aftermarket part to improve it for cheap.

I've never had to send it in for repair in the almost 2 years Ive had it. It's really easy to work on like stated above. Only part I had to replace so far was the valve assembly. In the filler plug on the air cylinder, there is a "screen" that looks like a compressed metal shavings came loose and FOD'ed the valve seat and caused it to leak air.A quick call to Crosman was and had a new valve on the way.

You really can't go wrong with the .25 Marauder in my opinion. They'e accurate, the triggers are excellent, and you can tune for what you prefer as far as power and fill pressure. They're pretty solidly built and easy to work on. I haven't put mine on paper at 100 yards, but recently took four ground squirrels at 100+ yards. There is a bell curve to the shot string and best long range results are in the sweet spot near the peak of the curve.(Hope that made sense) The only downside is that they're a little piggy size and weight wise and not the most efficient users of air. 
Here's a few 50 yard groups with mine-tuned for a 2400 psi fill and avg 775 fps with JSB kings.

HI! My name is Dartagnan. I use to own a Benjamin Marauder 22. Therapy not only prevented me from shooting myself in the foot, but they convinced me to let go of the crosman 22 barrel and convert it to a Green Mountain 25 barrel. It was difficult to let the 22 go since I spent countless hours tuning, sorting, re-tuning, re-sorting pellets that eventually ran out and the next tin of the same brand pellets would not group the same. Back to tuning, sorting...etc. I, I just can't go through that again. After selling several dozen baby hamsters to raise enough money, converting to the Green Mountain 25 was totally day and night. My buddy and I play 'Battleship' shooting my MRod 25 side by side with my Wildcat 25. Both were extremely accurate! Now I need therapy to not tune and sort pellets every night and get more than 3hrs of sleep. LOL! Good choice selecting the MRod 25 rather than the 22. Remember, we are here for you!

I'm was always tinkering with mine too. For a while i had just the breach and barrel of the .22 mrod that i could swap onto the lower half of my .25, but ended up just ordering the rest of the parts to build up complete .22 mrod. Is probably the best hobby i've ever taken up and allows me to shoot guns to my hearts desire with out pissing off my neighbors. 

.25 in bullpup and .22 in synthetic stock with paint job. 

Mrod with refinished MDRL stock next to the Kalibrgun Cricket