• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Marauder 25 or 22, used, or new?

6f1f50221cb1bbd4cb64bdd2c79e3483.jpg
I just got this 25 cal mrod and slapped a 4 - 16 x 40 center point on it after cleaning the barrel. These are my first 8 shots. All are hole in hole. My 22 cal is shooting so well stock that I am worried I will mess up the way it shoots when I put the regulator that I bought 2 months ago.

I see you ordered the Gamo Urban. Good choice, but if you decide to go after a Marauder, consider -

I have the .22 Marauder. At one point, I had it tuned to shoot Crosman Premier Domes (Cheap ammo) at about 830 fps, getting 40 shots per fill. Right now, it's throwing JSB Exact Heavies at 830, Crosman Premiers at about 900. Getting 20 shots per fill. Very quiet and very back yard friendly. Very adjustable for whatever you want it to do.

With the right scope combo, I can get sub 1 inch groups at 50 yards.

One reason (IMHO) not to get a .25 is simply the power. Remember that you've got to stop the pellet before it leaves your yard. The .22 adjusted for the Crosman Premiers only gives about 21 or 22 FPE, and drops quickly as it flies. Still hits with enough power to punch paper all day long. Economical with air.

​By the way, shortage of used Marauders is a good sign. Most people that buy one, never let go. The Gen 2 Marauders are vastly superior to the Gen 1's, so if you find one, make sure it's a Gen 2. You can usually identify a Gen 2 with the adjustable comb on the butt stock.

​Hope that Urban works out for you. It didn't exist when I bought my Marauder so not sure which I would have chosen at the time.

For me I pump all my air. I love my 25 but is an hog but it amazing at 100 yards. With my 22 it less of an hog but just not as fun to shoot. The 25 goes out and touches clays at 150 yards all day long at my range. But the 22 will not do it near as well. The 25 is me when miss the 22 is unknown at that distance. So all that to say if you pump 22, air tank 25. 
if some one like this commit please like so I will not be in the negative.