• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Manufacturing slugs

The press seems to be working perfect after a few adjustments (inner pin diameter), I´m trying to make pre fragmented slugs, talon style, tests on plasticine were shocking, huge cavities but the slug is still in one piece (with a lot of expansion). The cavity is not as deep as with normal HP slugs so the cuts do have an effect (not so deep but its a lot wider) . Plasticine is about 25% denser than muscle tissue but due to Quarantine there´s no access to the lab 

IMG_20201020_233852021.1604234448.jpg

These are the slugs i make ,from left first one i make from a 25cal king heavy 33.95grn, 2 is made from a 30cal 44,75 pellet,3 is made from a 50,15 grn 30cal pellet

4 is made from leadwire i made and it is a 55grn 30cal, Have not had the chance to try them for groups yet but expansion is very violent, they have a 4mm hollowpoint that is very deep.All the slugs are 30cal. they are made from a tool that i made and i use a 4 stage rcbs press that i rebuilt to a single stage press and it works very well.

They look great 👍, can you show us your press? I´m making progress on my own press, corbin style (now I´m learning how to use, it, I´ve been playing with ejector/HP pin and knock out bars) . I made the HP cavity at 2.5 mm diameter and 6.5 mm deep), achieve great expansion also made a X cutting die so mine are pre cut and expand banana peel style (looking for talon slug fragmentation effect ), have to tune up the cutter but it works