• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Manufacturers , warranties and parts availability ???

Was hoping to get some info on the Manufacturers/Brands , the warranty and if you can easily get a replacement part from said party lol.

This is something that would make a huge difference in my decision to purchase anything beyond the 1000.00 price range since they are all on the rise in pricing as of the last couple of years. A few examples of what I am hoping for are as follows .

BroCock
Warranty = Is it transferable if you are not the original purchaser with proof of purchase . In other words you bought used or traded for it.
Parts availability = Can you easily purchase parts for it or do you have to send it in to have them repair it as not to void the warranty if you actually have one. Also can you change the barrel length shorter or longer.

EdGun
Warranty = Is it transferable if you are not the original purchaser with proof of purchase . In other words you bought used or traded for it.
Parts availability = Can you easily purchase parts for it or do you have to send it in to have them repair it as not to void the warranty if you actually have one. Also can you change the barrel length shorter or longer.

RTI

Daystate
and so on lol you get the picture.

Thank you for your responses and information . I feel there are alot of us out there that would appreciate/benefit from your shared experiences/knowledge.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Be sure to buy from a dealer that is a service center for the brand, most are not. Ask these questions of the dealer. Most makers will identify their US distributor, and in most cases that will be your best source. With some European brands parts and service in the US are readily available, some not at all. There are also some good independent techs who do excellent work, and they can tell you about parts availability. There are a few very good high end air rifles made in the US. If they are within your budget, that might be a good way to go.

One brand that you did not mention, Taipan, seems to not have spare parts readily available in the US. Fortunately, there are many Veteran owners, that have shared the different O-ring sizes on this forum, so in that regard, they are easy to work on. But if you needed a different part, it might be pretty hard to get, as the two US dealers, seem to have a hard time stocking other replacement parts.

Reactions: swNCsw
I bought Airforce guns several times. I have never seen better customer service period. Maybe some companies can have as good but not better. They allow you to work on your own guns and send you parts for free whenever anything breaks…..which hardly ever happens. Even when seals go bad! I was prepared to buy seals and just called to order them and she just said I have that gun under warranty so 1.56$ is all we need for shipping. I was blown away. I even called and told them I lost my wrench and guess what free. I will always be loyal to Airforce. I know it’s not for everyone because of the single shot guns but they rock. Perfect for my hunting needs.

• Love
Reactions: swNCsw
I am very thankful for the advice and the comments and responses you guys have shared. in your post above. (y)

I bought Airforce guns several times. I have never seen better customer service period. Maybe some companies can have as good but not better. They allow you to work on your own guns and send you parts for free whenever anything breaks…..which hardly ever happens. Even when seals go bad! I was prepared to buy seals and just called to order them and she just said I have that gun under warranty so 1.56$ is all we need for shipping. I was blown away. I even called and told them I lost my wrench and guess what free. I will always be loyal to Airforce. I know it’s not for everyone because of the single shot guns but they rock. Perfect for my hunting needs.
Raden1943 Bingo this is exactly the information exactly that I was hoping for. Thank you Sir.

Be sure to buy from a dealer that is a service center for the brand, most are not. Ask these questions of the dealer. Most makers will identify their US distributor, and in most cases that will be your best source. With some European brands parts and service in the US are readily available, some not at all. There are also some good independent techs who do excellent work, and they can tell you about parts availability. There are a few very good high end air rifles made in the US. If they are within your budget, that might be a good way to go.
Thank you for good solid advice.

One brand that you did not mention, Taipan, seems to not have spare parts readily available in the US. Fortunately, there are many Veteran owners, that have shared the different O-ring sizes on this forum, so in that regard, they are easy to work on. But if you needed a different part, it might be pretty hard to get, as the two US dealers, seem to have a hard time stocking other replacement parts.
Thank you for that information. As far as not mentioning Taipan My request is any information on any Manufacturer/Brand over the 1000. 00 price range . I am trying to make some more informed purchases in the future and felt or hoped it could help others make a better decision on their investments as well. I am trying to update and change my rules or guidelines to invest in anything over the 1000.00 mark to assist me in long term satisfaction haha.

Buy it from AoA and they will service it and generally have the parts - has been my experience.
Thank you Sir. It is also a goal of mine to find out if I need to purchase new or will I be ok warranty wise to buy used for said and unmentioned brands. I am also hoping to figure out which Brands void your warranty if you work on it yourself within reason of course like change a spring or replace an oring or something. Not to be confused with modding it for power bye enlarging the valve or air flow haha. Just general maintenance.

+1 on this ^^^

AoA sells every one of those brands listed and services them either in house if under warranty, and has parts if out of warranty.
Thank you Sir. I appreciate it. One question that I have and hope to post for the benefit of others is can I buy a longer or shorter barrel in the same caliber for my different Bro-Cock pcp's. I know that Daystate has started to make their line more flexible with caliber and barrel changes available now for certain models. And am curious since they now own BroCock is this maybe something to look forward too in the future for them as well. ======edited here lol I just found the BRK flexable post in manufacturers area haha =====I figured some of you fellows have already checked into these things and know by experience and it will help others to decide in the future.

Again Thanks everyone !
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.H
+1 on this ^^^

AoA sells every one of those brands listed and services them either in house if under warranty, and has parts if out of warranty.
I notice that AoA doesn't sell any of those protection or extra warranty plans that some other internet sellers do? BTW does anybody here buy any of those plans with a new gun?