Manufacture defect on M3 Picatinny Rail

Jerry, sorry to hear about the defect.

If I could send a message to FX I'd tell them to put all of their engineers and machinists through a 1 year apprenticeship at an airgun manufacturing facility in Ukraine.

I had a MKI Wildcat. Sold it 2 weeks after receiving my first Taipan. Two totally different classes of workmanship.

More compromise from us, then worse we get.

Not really a manufacturing defect. Is it a functional aspect? Often there is a general note “ break all sharp edges”. Someone may have gotten a little sloppy. More of a cosmetic QC issue in my opinion.

Thank you for the comments. Yes, this is a defective part.

If it is within tolerance then it will pass QC and if it functions as required, then it is not defective.

this is not just a cosmetic issue. mine arrived like this as well and the scope was tilted 1mm to the left
176972416_588714225856323_2637489945543902312_n.1623492814.jpg
178873289_899402643967224_875868610519762887_n.1623492815.jpg
179147697_274850344357460_2551815105933491381_n.1623492815.jpg

I would consider that very good as many airguns are farther out than that. That is easily corrected by rotating the scope in the rings.

No Kid'n! I wanted a new Impact and couldn't find one at the time. I ordered my #2 choice and was told by many that the Uragan was a superior product right out of the box. Still I was disappointed. UNTIL Ii took it completely apart. Fantastic engineering and design, and truly fine machining and finish. but how did it shoot? Dead nuts accurate with my hand cast slugs and factory jsb pellets. Never does it change impact points. Nor does it have to be babied. A master piece to say the least!

The term Built like a tank seems to fit many of the Eastern Euro. guns. Seems FX should wake up and pay a little more attention. 

Knife

DSC02789.1623568934.JPG
 96 yards 5 shots, 1/4" ctc with my hand cast hp slugs. 1015 fps 38 gr. And that is turned down with the Huma reg. Factory reg. was 930 fps. for 73 fpe. With the Huma I have had it over 100 fpe, in .25 cal. 

Knife 

this is not just a cosmetic issue. mine arrived like this as well and the scope was tilted 1mm to the left

Exactly the same location as mine! Looks like it is not a rare defective on M3. How FX response for your issue?

their response was i did something to mess it up.and then my response was that they shouldnt sell me an impact in the first place.. i now sold both my impacts and ordered a daystate delta wolf

Wow, I'm sorry to know these. they even blamed you for the defective parts? Is that a formal response from FX-USA customer service? Or from some technician?

if it was FX-USA they would help me straight away. unfortunately i live oversees.. never going back to that guy

Not really a manufacturing defect. Is it a functional aspect? Often there is a general note “ break all sharp edges”. Someone may have gotten a little sloppy. More of a cosmetic QC issue in my opinion.

Thank you for the comments. Yes, this is a defective part.

If it is within tolerance then it will pass QC and if it functions as required, then it is not defective.

Yes, looks like FX internal tolerance is much bigger than the customer. I just started shooting airgun since last year, still don't know too much about airgun industry. But this kind of defective rail will bring troubles to many shooters include me.