Mans best friend

@Southerngunner I know you started this thread about 6 months ago, but your first post really struck a cord with me. These pictures are or our silver Labrador “Sterling” who we lost to cancer almost 4 years ago. I didn’t grow up with dogs, and though as an adult I have and have had several wonderful ones (4 Labs and a Saint Bernard) in my life, all but Sterling were adults when we got them. Sterling remains the only dog I’ve ever had from a puppy, and I’m sure that helped create a bond I’ll reflect upon until I take my last breath. To this day, my wife who KNOWS that for me the sun absolutely rises and sets with her, admits to a slight pang of jealousy when I talk about that dog the way that I do.😁

View attachment 418924

View attachment 418925

View attachment 418926

View attachment 418927

View attachment 418928
The bond they create is indescribable, if you have never ben blessed by the love and loyalty they give. My wife bought them all and in spite of my objections on the last 2. But Izzie and Millie ( the new pups)has stolen my heart and the other 3 already had the rest. I will try to get some current pics tomorrow of the babies as they are now 7 months and 40 pounds each. They grow fast.
Merry Christmas to everyone

I do have a picture of the boys,Buddy and Bandit that came to visit for x-mas for a few days ,Buddy is on the bench with me. Big boys at 135 lbs plus
20231224_142102.jpg
20231224_142141.jpg

@Southerngunner I know you started this thread about 6 months ago, but your first post really struck a cord with me. These pictures are or our silver Labrador “Sterling” who we lost to cancer almost 4 years ago. I didn’t grow up with dogs, and though as an adult I have and have had several wonderful ones (4 Labs and a Saint Bernard) in my life, all but Sterling were adults when we got them. Sterling remains the only dog I’ve ever had from a puppy, and I’m sure that helped create a bond I’ll reflect upon until I take my last breath. To this day, my wife who KNOWS that for me the sun absolutely rises and sets with her, admits to a slight pang of jealousy when I talk about that dog the way that I do.😁

View attachment 418924

View attachment 418925

View attachment 418926

View attachment 418927

View attachment 418928
The more I look at these silver Labs the more convinced i become that Weihmeraner has been introduce at some point. I think its the shape and size of the ears. If so probably all the better for it. Great commitment on that dive.

Reactions: Lazarus Long
We lost of best girl ever, a Boxer - Mastiff mix who was 13 and 110 lbs. Now that we are getting up there in age we decided to go for a smaller breed, and I bought my wife a Westie for Christmas. We picked her up on December 23rd and I am not sure we are going to be getting a full night sleep for a while ;)

Brandi.jpgResized_20231223_125259.jpg

My cat Fuzzy passed away this past summer. She was a Norwegian Forest Cat. They're big cats, excellent hunters, and are known for being very sociable and loyal, which she was. She was 19 1/2 years old, which is a pretty long life for a cat. I was there the day she was born, and the day she died.

DSC01524.JPG

But, life must go on, and I adopted a pair of middle-aged tabby cats who have turned out to be great cats, and great friends. They're skilled mousers, and in the few months they've been here so far they've racked up a pretty good score. It's a tie, 3 and 3.

They're named Smoochie and Serenis-

Smooch-3.JPG

Serenis-D48.JPG

WE also lost our dog over a year ago . We decided to not get another as we are both 78 years old and with the training and all we just decided not to .
That’s rough. Back when I went to the dog park daily there were a few people in your boat. After they lost their dogs they would continue to come, socialize and pet their extended dog pack. I was a young punk in my late 20's and these folks took me in. I still look back at my time there, they became my family. I ended up meeting my wife at the same dog park, and they were absolutely thrilled. John and Fran are no longer with us, but I think of them often.

We lost of best girl ever, a Boxer - Mastiff mix who was 13 and 110 lbs. Now that we are getting up there in age we decided to go for a smaller breed, and I bought my wife a Westie for Christmas. We picked her up on December 23rd and I am not sure we are going to be getting a full night sleep for a while ;)

View attachment 419017View attachment 419020
When we first got the 2 pups it was every rwo hours for about 3 weeks. Now that they are older they have decided that 4:45 am is when I get up and take them out. Just like an alarm clock ⏰️ .

The more I look at these silver Labs the more convinced i become that Weihmeraner has been introduce at some point. I think its the shape and size of the ears. If so probably all the better for it. Great commitment on that dive.
Silver labs are not currently akc recognized. I am certain they will be, one day.....just not now

Reactions: Raydee38
Silver labs are not currently akc recognized. I am certain they will be, one day.....just not now
The Kennel Club
D86117A2-208B-4674-B5A5-C795E33805A9.jpeg
in the UK is responsible for the ruination of most of the pedigree breeds. I dont give a Toss for a pedigree. Once people start breeding for looks and winning cups temperament goes out of the window shortly followed by physical soundness. for instance GSD, British Bulldog and too many to name. Sharpaei, spelt wrong I know but a dog born in need of eye surgery. Disgusting Organisation. This is Fly my working Collie. 11 years old still capable of walkingf 20 miles with ease. No pedigree there. Bred just for working ability and soundness still as fit and playful as ever. I truly believe such organisations should be banned.

It doesn't take long for a dog to rule the house. What's great about dogs to me is no matter how bad a day I have they can always put a smile on my face

View attachment 419636
20231228_053158.jpg
I agree, when a dog picks you they already know that they just have to give you that look and most things are forgiven.

Reactions: EdinGa