Mans best friend

Otto my top friend, chihuahua hunter
20230214_114827.jpg

That’s awesome. Beautiful dog. Waiting patiently for my Poodle pup to turn 2. Until we got Hurley my Catahoula had the award for most energetic, stubborn, ADHD dog I’d ever worked with LOL. She will sit and chill while I shoot. The fun starts when you stand up! :D
IMG_2621.gif

Oso Blanco, our 5 year old Great Pyrenees. Sweetest, gentlest dog ever. Until there’s a reason not to be. Only seen the switch flip 3 times. Wouldn’t want to be on the wrong end. Hurley, our 14 month old Standard Poodle. Also sweet. Gentle nowhere in her vocabulary. Maybe the most active, athletic dog I’ve ever had. Including Talulah the Catahoula. Definitely the most ADHD dog I’ve ever had. Our little ruffian princess. Spoiled rotten babies both.

View attachment 374488

View attachment 374489
93410338-8a66-4ebd-83ae-b7bc3c1e0211_150805239068981.gif

hubba hubba

My daughter grew up with my two yellow labs, Dundee & Devo. Father and son. Great upland bird dogs. Great team. Put the Dad (Dundee)down when she was 4 or 5. Had to put the son (Devo) down when she was about 8. When she was 9 or 10 bought her another yellow lab ( I like the true blood labs with cinder block heads, fire plug bodies and otter tails). Great dogs. My daughter eventually named him Dusty since he always was. He made it to 13 years but had to put him down last week. Never easy but especially hard on my daughter since it was "her dog". RIP Dusty.

dusty and danielle003.jpg

dani dusty 4 mos003.jpg

@Southerngunner I know you started this thread about 6 months ago, but your first post really struck a cord with me. These pictures are or our silver Labrador “Sterling” who we lost to cancer almost 4 years ago. I didn’t grow up with dogs, and though as an adult I have and have had several wonderful ones (4 Labs and a Saint Bernard) in my life, all but Sterling were adults when we got them. Sterling remains the only dog I’ve ever had from a puppy, and I’m sure that helped create a bond I’ll reflect upon until I take my last breath. To this day, my wife who KNOWS that for me the sun absolutely rises and sets with her, admits to a slight pang of jealousy when I talk about that dog the way that I do.😁

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_3070.jpeg

IMG_0142.png

IMG_0143.png

IMG_0088.png

My daughter grew up with my two yellow labs, Dundee & Devo. Father and son. Great upland bird dogs. Great team. Put the Dad (Dundee)down when she was 4 or 5. Had to put the son (Devo) down when she was about 8. When she was 9 or 10 bought her another yellow lab ( I like the true blood labs with cinder block heads, fire plug bodies and otter tails). Great dogs. My daughter eventually named him Dusty since he always was. He made it to 13 years but had to put him down last week. Never easy but especially hard on my daughter since it was "her dog". RIP Dusty.

View attachment 418891

View attachment 418892
RIP Dusty,

View attachment 418891

View attachment 418892
You will have some great friends to greet you when your time comes condolences, R.I.P
Dusty