Mans best friend

My dog "Murphy" is a jackabee (1/2 jack russel and 1/2 beagle). He was a rescue dog at the Atlanta Humane Society that would bite the handlers trying to leash him. They were going to destroy him but a foster parent took him in. We got bit a lot initially. He chases the postman, chases big trucks, school buses (hides and attacks after they go by), barks aggressively at big dogs but is afraid of house flies.

Murphy hearing word treat.jpg

I've had 4. One was resuced from fighting dogs. It was actually bred to be a fighting dog, and had to be re-homed. It would have psychotic eppisodes, and just wasnt manageable. Don't have photos of that one. The 2nd one I had found me in a snow storm. Had broken it's chain. No one ever claimed it, so he stayed for over 10yrs. Named him Big Boss. Was a sharpei/terrier mix. Super loyal and sweet dog, but very strong willed. He passed of old age a few years back.

46519173_10156686303404034_7390610063158673408_n.jpg

I got a Rottweiler (Haley) about 10 years ago. She just passed in March of old age as well. Was a rescue from a shelter. She was huge for a female. Very gentle, calm, strong, and quick enough she'd catch flies for fun. I could never out-maneuver her in any play fights. She'd always get me. Also had a 6th sense about people, and knew when someone was of a violent or ill nature. Otherwise spent time around countless people and other dogs, and loved all of them.

27657937_10155975948269034_5544796896680596085_n.jpg

Lastly, this one was given to me. @16 lbs. Albus is 5 now and is almost always with me, even at work. I used to take care of both of his parents for someone else. Once they left my care they eventually had a litter, and I was offered first pick. I knew which one within 45 minutes of his birth. He is actually a very good coon and squirrel dog. Saved me from a viscious German Shep. And also saved my house from burning down. Best knowledge is dox/jack/chi mix. Very sweet, and likes to talk a lot. Gets all apey if you say the word "chicken" :ROFLMAO: Sleeps most of the day, but when he's up, he's boucing off the walls with energy.
275500617_10159733191484034_2835769468442975595_n.jpg

He is the top left one here.

231309465_10159344419479034_8374045620727162714_n.jpg

Took this shot of greyhounds chasing for the rabbit, took over a hundred shots to finally get 3 of them completely off the ground
View attachment 373177
Had three greyhounds over 22 years...last picture of Hanna our last...just minuets before her last walk...no telling how many thousand miles I walked her...I walked her with covid in 10* weather in Tennessee. Leaning towards a Carean Terrie or a JRT for next one to help me get these pocket gophers here in Florida.
20230111_105241.jpg

Wow he reminds me of an old friend that is waiting for me when it's my time, his name is Bo and he was a yellow lab Chesapeake bay mix Via con Dios my boy
They all take a little piece of our hearts when they pass to the next life and nothing else can ever occupy that space, however, there is always room in the heart for another 'best friend'!

Bear with me

As a child I remember watching the third in the series of the original Planet of the apes. In the movie there is a national monument to the memeory of all Canine and Feline.
As a contaminant from space killed them all.

I remember how profoundly painful that thought was. Nothing more loyal

“Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk. Come back an hour later, open the trunk and see which one is happy to see you …”

Bear with me

As a child I remember watching the third in the series of the original Planet of the apes. In the movie there is a national monument to the memeory of all Canine and Feline.
As a contaminant from space killed them all.

I remember how profoundly painful that thought was. Nothing more loyal

“Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk. Come back an hour later, open the trunk and see which one is happy to see you …”