• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mans best friend

No insult intended but any Weimeraner in there? :)
No insult taken, Weimeraners are fantastic dogs but all of our 7 are from the same breeder and they are purebred Silver Labrador's the colors and appearance is similar but they are built much thicker and heavier than Weimeraners. Our 2 oldest males are 150 pounds plus each and the 5 females (other than the 2 pups) are 100 pounds or more. Just for reference I'm 6'2 and 260 lbs. Thats Buddy acting like he is a lap dog :cool:
IMG_5141.jpg
20230104_175801.jpg

Those guys and girls are chunky, and that's just fine.

Years ago while i was out touring the world with work, my mother with whom i at the time shared a house, she went and got a Tibetan spaniel from one of her colleagues that was a breder for them.
So my mother got Zimi pretty cheap ( a month wager after tax for a not skilled person ) due to the fact that Zimi was very small, she barely reached 1/2 the size of her parents.
And years later as even smaller dogs became popular, well they wanted so bad to breed on Zimi, but my mother had no interest in that.

Anyway, that tiny dog, had so much love inside, well at least for me, so when i had been off for work for 4 months or so, i got the " OMG i thought you was dead " welcome.
Actually after that first time i got that kind of welcome even if i had just been at work for 8 hours, or out racing my quad bike.

It is not the breed, its how good they are, and how much love they can hold inside.

I am going to ask, but I know the answer, In another life I trained and help start up Police K9 units, So I have been around the block But I have never known a dog like a BELGIAN MALINOIS, I own one now ,,, If you own one you are in law enforcement, Or a dog trainer, This is not a back yard dog..
Protection to the next level ....
Mike

No insult taken, Weimeraners are fantastic dogs but all of our 7 are from the same breeder and they are purebred Silver Labrador's the colors and appearance is similar but they are built much thicker and heavier than Weimeraners. Our 2 oldest males are 150 pounds plus each and the 5 females (other than the 2 pups) are 100 pounds or more. Just for reference I'm 6'2 and 260 lbs. Thats Buddy acting like he is a lap dog :cool:View attachment 383124View attachment 383125
They look like very nice dogs. Thanks for the reply. This is Fly my working type Collie. She is 11 years but is still a maniac outside and the fittest dog I have ever had. I keep her skinny and no treats at all. She had a rough time for the first 15 months of her life and it took about 12 months before she fully trusted me. Now she is the best Dog that I have ever had and I have had some some GSD's
105D89A4-92B8-44FB-948A-99330F725F44.jpeg

BELGIAN MALINOIS
My youngest niece got one of those as a #2 dog to her German shepherd.

I have not met that one yet, but the first dog of hers, well lets just say i am very impressed it have not caused something bad yet.
First time i tried to walk the German it nipped me in the arm, and normally i do not have problems with dogs, hell as a punk kid i had a police dog run strait past me and latch on to the arm of the guy 20 yards in front of me.

Not familiar with the Belgians but i understand they are generally not recommended for novice dog owners.

Reactions: PGinsandiego
I will start by saying that I will forever be in debt to the dogs I’ve had the honor of calling my best friend and family. There are not enough words to explain. Days can be hard, but the unconditional love they provide make it all better.
I’ve only lived 3 of my 42 years without a dog. That was when I moved out after college. My life requires a dog. I grew up with a golden retriever, Benny, who was my same age. He passed when I was 14. A lab Mix, Puppet (we called her Pup.) Three Jack Russells, Niles , Scruffy, and Skipper. Those were all my dogs when I lived at home.
My first dog as an adult was Hera, the nicest and well mannered Jack Russell you would ever meet. I lost her to cancer on November 1, 2021. That hurt bad. I met my wife at the dog park, so Hera made that happen.
My wife brought in her two, Jasper and Dexter. They are great little guys. And we had Indie who lives with my inlaws now.
I’ve had a Jack since I was a teenager, and it left a huge hole in me when Hera passed. I found a Jack pup that a lady rejected because she was going to be a rough coat. Her dumb decision brought our family a great little dog who keeps watch and adores my newborn son.
Her name is Jetty, and she helped me get over the loss of Hera.

My best boy growing up, Benny

Hera, my best girl.

^^My favorite photo of her

Jetty, the goofy and fearless

The boys and Indie

Niles and Scruffy

Last edited: