Mans best friend

Had three greyhounds over 22 years...last picture of Hanna our last...just minuets before her last walk...no telling how many thousand miles I walked her...I walked her with covid in 10* weather in Tennessee. Leaning towards a Carean Terrie or a JRT for next one to help me get these pocket gophers here in Florida.View attachment 373493

Reactions: Nattboy
My wife and I used to raise retired Greyhounds and they were wonderful pets. We had one that looked just like the one in your picture, her name was Time To Boogie and we renamed her Mckenzie. We used to do the in home visits for the Greyhound rescue and really got a lot of joy finding new homes for them. They always seemed so grateful to have a new home with people who showed them love.

It's been about six months since my Mick puppy (Best I could tell, he was a Canaan mix with heavy red splotching), crossed the rainbow bridge.
Sure do miss my lil' stray that adopted me.
Sorry for your loss, no other pup can take Micks place.
I have been through this a few times but God will let you know when he sends another your way.

I have been through this a few times but God will let you know when he sends another your way.
My girlfriend and myself adopted another dog about 2 weeks after my beloved Rat terrier passed.

We ran across a meme … the jist was “ I bequeath my bowl my leash my bed for another. Your love for me to another”

When we read that … and realized our next dog is out there waiting for us to act. I couldn’t let the next one wait one more day.

My new Boston Terrier ( 8 yo) is loved so much. Rejected by 5 couples before we took him.

He’s been amazing in every way.
Second chances are amazing.

Here are mine. Addie on the left is mine, Millie on the right is my daughters. They just turned two and although they do not live together they have sleepovers often and spend a lot of time together. I forgot to mention they are sisters.

girls.jpg
d

Last edited:
Stirling and Miles both have a very intelligent look to them.
You are fortunate to have them
Thank you!
Both of them know a number of tasks that they love to do. From delivering paperwork in the office, they come to work everday with me, to picking up and handing me things that I drop. All they want is a pet and reward. Great breed for us, we have had 5 of them.
Bill

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Thank you for that. Mick showed up all skin-n-bones and beat up one day and started huddling up under my rv, shortly after my bestest buddy of fourteen or so years was buried. And placed so he could till watch over me and the house, 'cuz I probably really do need watching over occasionally. So I'm sure hat 'Yote sent Mick to me because he knew we needed to help each other.

It'll be okay for a while not have another fur buddy due to me not being able to devote time and energy to ém. Just wouldn't be fair or right to do that right now. Here in a few months, after things are back to "normal"then I'll be more open to it. Just not right now.

Reactions: Perle
Thank you for that. Mick showed up all skin-n-bones and beat up one day and started huddling up under my rv, shortly after my bestest buddy of fourteen or so years was buried. And placed so he could till watch over me and the house, 'cuz I probably really do need watching over occasionally. So I'm sure hat 'Yote sent Mick to me because he knew we needed to help each other.

It'll be okay for a while not have another fur buddy due to me not being able to devote time and energy to ém. Just wouldn't be fair or right to do that right now. Here in a few months, after things are back to "normal"then I'll be more open to it. Just not right now.
You should take all the time you think you need.
Just be ready in case fate sends you another gift.
Regards ,Terry

• Love
Reactions: Perle and Byrd666