• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mamba Target Eye Cup

I've never had a scope that had variable eye relief. That would be a neat trick.
I'm sure everyone knows this, but I would not recommend a rigid eye cup on a springer. Long story short, even a very mild springer will still give you a good case of racoon eye. I don't think the weatherstripping on the Mamba eye cups would be enough to prevent a black eye.

The eye relief on my scope does not very any appreciable amount, and FHT fixed at 16x really locks it down.

There is a parallax centering technique where you back your eye just out of the full site picture distance, causing a vignette effect, a black ring around site picture. Keeping it centered can assist in reducing parallax/off axis errors.

What is most noticeable is massive reduction in ambient light for the cupped eye. At first the site picture is dim, then as my pupil opens up the scope image becomes very bright, more easily dominating my left eye image with both eyes open. For some this could impact focusing ability.

Jury is out on influencing scores...