• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Making the purchase

Depends on what you are after?😅
Most stuff can be had online bc most of us don't live near an airgun store(we would all be homeless but rich on pellet stuff)
I've done both new and used...even refurbished.
Just do your research and ask lotssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of questions before pulling that purchase trigger🤪🤙

I am very fortunate because we have a smallish air gun store in our community. Thankfully for me they became an FX dealer this year.
I buy local and from brick and mortar places when I can. I like having my support close and I spend enough money they know me quite well.
If I did not have this resource it would be on line sellers like Utah Air Guns or AOA.

I always try to buy from out of state entities that don't have the sales volume required to trigger CA state sales tax. As much as I wish the local outfits success, I'm not willing to pony up an extra $200 on a $2000 airgun purchase just for the privilege buying close to home. That, and it gives me some small pleasure to avoid paying for social programs that I am philosophically opposed to.

I have a friend who owns a local gun store. Anything hunting , shot guns, rifles, shells ,bullets, waders ,coats, decoys long johns, I have bought bought from him. A forty year friendship. I called him. He started laughing and said you are getting old, I'll call you back. Four days later he called and said come and get it. I did. A Stoeger XM1 Bull Shark in .22 caliber. Five tins of JSB pellets on him. I really like this rifle. Point is your local gun shop has dealer connections give them a try.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
Some of the Benjamin models and other manufacturers have their guns listed on Amazon, sometimes at almost $100 less. Are these still the same guns, or did the counterfeit market get into Amazon like it does on Ebay and Leupold Scopes?
It depends. Sometimes it's the company, sometimes it's the foreign manufacturer selling the item if it's discontinued by the name brand company, sometimes another buyer gets "factory seconds", sometimes it's an outright scam.

When it comes time to buy an air rifle do you like to purchase directly from the manufacturer, on line for the cheapest price, or from a specialty air gun shop?
preference

1. Established online global retailer like Amazon, Walmart. Mainly for their competitive pricing, Amazon free shipping (Walmart offer free shipping to their stores) and their generous return policy (compared to other venues).
2. Established online air gun retailer like PA, AOA (shame Straight Shooter folded...I'm still in mourning for not supporting them more... ).
3. Brick and Mortar airgun stores (unfortunately, none around me)

I don't see any advantages to purchasing from the Manufacturer...maybe someone will school me on this choice. Unless it's an exclusive item and they have no dealers.

Last edited:
preference

1. Established online global retailer like Amazon, Walmart. Mainly for their competitive pricing, Amazon free shipping (Walmart offer free shipping to their stores) and their generous return policy (compared to other venues).
2. Established online air gun retailer like PA, AOA (shame Straight Shooter folded...I'm still in mourning for not supporting them more... ).
3. Brick and Mortar airgun stores (unfortunately, none around me)

I don't see any advantages to purchasing from the Manufacturer...maybe someone will school me on this choice. Unless it's an exclusive item and they have no dealers.
It just seems odd I can get a PCP from Amazon $100 cheaper than from the folks who make it.

From my experience of buying directly from Hatsan it would have been better to buy from a store that carried their products. My gun was defective from the start and Hatsan wouldn't replace it, they did fix it so I ended up paying full price for a refurbished gun that was put together improperly when they sent it back to me. Had I bought it from a store that carried their products I could have just returned it and got a brand new gun.