• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Making the move to FX and starting with the Dreamline Tactical. Talk me out of it.

OK, I have done what I can with the mid priced airguns, they have given me fantastic results at close ranges but I want to get my groups down to 1MOA at 100 yards and I want to do this with the FX line. Cost is a factor and if I hear "Buy once, cry once" Ill.... (momma will never go for it.)

I'm Swedish so the FX is the only real choice, no BRO cock (dumbest name in the history of airguns) or EdGuns, so dont even bother with steering me away.

GO!
Love my Dreamline Tac Only wish i would have got the bottle version (More shot count) But still a very accurate in 22 i have only shot mine out to 75yds

What's SO special about them?
Really nothing, as customizable as any, less expensive than some, easy to tune and if you screw up you can get back from where you messed up. Tons of accessories. I'd be nice if they were lighter. Good customer service here in the US. I happen to like Bull Pups. A zillion videos on tearing them apart and putting them back together, some of which are wrong. But lots of people here have them and on Maverick only groups, cuts down on the noise from the haters. There are a few issues but if you know what to look for right off the bat, not a big deal. Just have a quality set of Allen wrenches, ball wrenches (Bondhus) & brass picks and you are ready, heck that's for any airgun. Of course spare breech o-rings, again for anything and good old Mobile One.

I probably will regret answering but I am just going to shoot straight from my own personal experiences and say if it were me I would pick a Crown over the dreamline if my goal was 100 yard moa groups. This is just my honest opinion.

The dreamline series was not created as a 100 yard pcp they because of public response released a more powerful version in the power pup edition and people shooting slugs at the time but it was not intended as a long range iteration in the FX family line up. haha;)

You stated that cost was a factor so my practical choice to achieve that goal in the FX lineup would be (used or) a new crown vp edition. for around 1300.00 or so. Maybe I am biased lol I own crowns (mutiple) , a dreamline and multiple impacts so I personally just favor the dreamline for 60 and under and crown or impact for over that without pushing the pcp to hard or making it do something it wasn't designed for.

I hope maybe something in here helps you in a positive way and if not I wish the the very best and hey at least I tried haha.
Totally agree I have both 2 crowns and a dreamline Classic I would go with a used Crown for sure I got both of mine used they are available all the time on the used market

Reactions: qball
I have seen some fantastic prices on used guns in the classifieds here. Have you checked there? Airguns are not the best investment in the world, lol.....judging by prices of used airguns. Most are likely not shot that much. I would look for a week at the classifieds on here, and I think you would find something at a great price. Lots of good people here on this board........and a lot of used airguns in classifieds...........

and that is exactly why i do not like FX

And that is the difference between us.

Shooting is not the climax for me, it is a step in the journey, I like the adventure, the walk, each step brings me to a new place and troubleshooting is my passion of passions, to find out what is wrong and fix it is the greatest reward I can ever get and the reason why I chose my line of work.

Ok I have to chime in here.

Airgun Technology Uragan or a Agt Vulcan 3 in .25 or .30 is your best bet. I sold all my Fx guns except my dream Tac compact.25 but it is not a 100 yard gun. Out of the box Airgun technology in.30 is a constant 100yd Airgun. no problems at all with both my AGT .30 cals. A little more money but you can’t go wrong. Look for a good used one and you could hit your budget.​

Ok I have to chime in here.

Airgun Technology Uragan or a Agt Vulcan 3 in .25 or .30 is your best bet. I sold all my Fx guns except my dream Tac compact.25 but it is not a 100 yard gun. Out of the box Airgun technology in.30 is a constant 100yd Airgun. no problems at all with both my AGT .30 cals. A little more money but you can’t go wrong. Look for a good used one and you could hit your budget.​

Maverick is on its way, no interest in the AT guns at this time.

And that is the difference between us.

Shooting is not the climax for me, it is a step in the journey, I like the adventure, the walk, each step brings me to a new place and troubleshooting is my passion of passions, to find out what is wrong and fix it is the greatest reward I can ever get and the reason why I chose my line of work.

You will love it, solid performer and with some tinkering phenomenal slug gun. Congrats, Maverick is just awesome.

You will love it, solid performer and with some tinkering phenomenal slug gun. Congrats, Maverick is just awesome.

Going to get the 600mm .22 barrel kit for her, I'm thinking of keeping the .30 kit too. I saw a video of a barrel kit swap done in about 2 minutes. If I get a good tune on both barrels, it would be good to have both ends of the energy scale for small game at hand.

Reactions: qball