• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Making taipan lighter

IF you want to see the new stock for yourself go to TAIPANS INSTAGRAM PAGE ,it"S their and other things they are introducing ,i was shocked when i went on I G ,not being a face book or insta gram guy, not interested in.the social part and don"t participate their, the amount of AIR GUN info their is fabulous

I am a “rare” (like never) user of Instagram. What is the actual page I should search for, to see the Taipan Veteran?

I'm going to design a 3d printed stock shortly.

Won't be as nice as metal, or wood, but will incorporate AR furniture.

Does that mean you'll sell me your brown and gray stock? 

No, I really like the stock, well, stock. Just something to do for fun.

I designed a 3d printed suppressor for the Veteran the night before I got mine. I never used it as the stock Veteran is so quiet.

I just like to design and 3d print things.

51143123907_8e2e6d8ee9_c.1628286553.jpg

51144013223_5a9bf3c03d_c.1628286559.jpg

51144904250_9ac1c1ac51_c.1628286565.jpg

Years ago I bought an extra stock for my Taipan. I thought the gun was a bit of a club compared to my other bullpups. When the extra stock arrived I thought oh crap, this thing weighs nothing. So the bad news is that your Taipans carry all their bulk in the metal parts of the gun. But in the long run, that’s good news. The gun is made to last. Here is what that big heavy stock weighs. A mere 1.6lbs with a pic rail. 
image.1628316195.jpg

I've never weighed my Veteran wood stock, but obviously the metal is heavier than wood, and there is a lot of metal in this rifle. Years ago, I tried to remove some weight and alter the balance on a couple of shotguns. I found that it takes a heck of lot of wood removal to amount to any significant amount of weight. It was generally easier to alter the balance by adding a little weight rather than trying to remove it. So, I don't know how much weight you are trying to save in your Veteran, but I think you might be challenged to accomplish it by changing stocks. 

Having had 3 Taipans .... Weight IMO is the stock ! The bare action is relatively light and a beech stock adds near 2 #'s where a laminate stock is @1/2 again or more heavier !!!

There is really the crux ... WOOD is a natural product and be it solid wood or laminated the density and weight can change with every stock manufactured.

For those who may own a Cricket Pup with the Black synthetic stock .... WHOA now there is a BRICK of massive added weight.