Making New Targets

The boys and I ran out of targets the other day so we decide to make a bunch while we’re watching football on this rainy day. 

The free targets available here on AGN are such a great resource. I tape about six of them on the back of an old 24”x36” blueprint and staple them to the target stand, viola, we’re good to go for a day of shooting. 

There are fun targets like golf, battleship and Tic Tac Toe, targets appropriate for 10yd, 25yd, 50yd, 75yd and 100yd. and anything else you could possibly want.

Why pay when you can make them for the cost of paper and ink? Practically nothing!

Have a great Sunday!

Stoti

EAEB9A8D-4445-451D-BFCA-BFEB6017C273.1611522569.jpeg

719B6713-A230-4B4E-B0BE-8F45D00B727D.1611522618.jpeg
2D7E977A-A285-408A-821B-B259599595A6.1611522679.jpeg

Reactions: AlaskaAirgunner
Years ago I went to a printing shop and had a rubber stamp made that printed a 25 yard BR target rings. I got a stamp pad and a bottle of roll on black ink and would stamp targets on yellow stickies and all kinds of scrap paper. I had lost it for the longest time, but I moved this past year and found the stamp. I just need a new ink pad now. You can bring any drawn target you want, and they can make up a rubber stamp for you. It cost me $30 or something like that. 

A friend and I were shooting peanut M&Ms off golf tees at 35 yards...

RK

Sacrilege!!!

If you are going to shoot M&M's, shoot the cr@ppy ones like 'carmel' only!😉

I was setting up paintballs (.68 cal) on golf tees at the range for friends to shoot. Fun, relatively inexpensive reactive targets but a bit of a pain to set up and they kept shooting up my golf tees.

I recently switched over to shooting Charms Mini Pops. You can buy them by the bag of 400 cheap on Amazon. Then, after my wife takes all of her favorites (green apple and mango) out of the bag, I still have a few left to shoot. I took a 1x4" board and drilled 15 holes in the top edge. Can quickly clamp this to the top of a target stand at the range for fast target set-up. Bonus is that they make a good 'pop' sound (like hitting a squirrel head) when you nail them. Can't help but laugh each time a new airgun shooter takes one out.

IMG_1152.1611590164.JPG

I got a bunch of 3/4" circle stickers from my former job. Put them on spinners, paper, cardboard, whatever. Great thing is once the stickers are all peeled off you have a paper full of 3/4" targets! They were closing up shop so I got like 50 or 60 sheets. Also make chalk targets (plaster of Paris and a silicon candy mold and some twist ties) that explode when hit (and the rain washed away the residue). In the fall I have a black walnut tree that provides some targets (and squirrels!). I also collect chestnuts from my dad's house and blast them apart.