• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Making my own magazines for my Kalibrgun.

excellent work! Nice video job as well, you seem to be a man of many talents! Got a question for you, Obviously these are one off jobs, but if you were to make a business of this how many hours do you think you have invested in these magazines and what do you think you would have to charge to break even on your time and materials? Don't mean to get personal but if you would share I think it would help alot of folks understand what it takes to make something like this from scratch. Again, great job! well done!

Making your own is a very rewarding experience. I have made my own regulators, shrouds & many other things. Friends have said I should make & sell these things. BUT, people don't realize the time involved & one mistake and you have to start over. Its just not profitable unless you have CNC equipment that reduces time and makes many operations easily repeatable. Its fun to make your own, but sometimes it makes more sense to just buy it. 

I don't know what a mag. for a Cricket costs, but I doubt it would be profitable the make & sell.
Nice job on the mag. by the way, have fun & be careful.

"Rocko"Making your own is a very rewarding experience. I have made my own regulators, shrouds & many other things. Friends have said I should make & sell these things. BUT, people don't realize the time involved & one mistake and you have to start over. Its just not profitable unless you have CNC equipment that reduces time and makes many operations easily repeatable. Its fun to make your own, but sometimes it makes more sense to just buy it. 

I don't know what a mag. for a Cricket costs, but I doubt it would be profitable the make & sell.
Nice job on the mag. by the way, have fun & be careful.
Was thinking the same . . . these Cricket mags are about $30 and seeing the amount of work that went into it, this wouldn't be profitable to do I don't think. That's not to say that it's not awesome to be able to make your own. There's got to be a lot of pride that comes with this; heck, I am proud of myself when I'm able to drill a couple of holes into my stock to mount a picatinny rail versus buying a shop $30-$40 to do it for me!

The Colibri magazines go for about $100 and are very hard to get so that might be somethting to look at - although that one has more parts and would require even more work. People might even be willing to pay more than retail because you just can't find them most of the time!