• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Making a 600mm Wildcat MK3 .25

I bought a 2.5” plenum for my wildcat a while back, but due to the new design of the air tube, it won’t work as a plenum extension. It did work, however as an air tube extension adding increased shot count.

With the plenum, I also bought a donnyfl tanto which is supposed to be slim enough to not cause interference with the air tube extension. However, this is not the case. It touches just ever so slightly with the fill cap, enough that it shifts the poi up a little.

Now, this has me thinking of a few solutions. I could 

1. Remove the air tube extension and keep it stock.

2. Buy a hugget shroud that wouldn’t cause interference.

3. If I’m going to buy a hugget shroud, why not get the 600mm version and buy a longer barrel?

So this has me questioning the compatibility between Impact and Wildcat parts.

I can only find impact barrels with STX liners in the states. Vendor descriptions state that this is the latest designs. Does this mean that they are Superior liners?

A Huggett Snipe moderator clears an extended air tube also. On my original 600mm wildcat MK2, I have the long Ernest Rowe air tube extension up front, and my Huggett Snipe which is now directly on top of the dust cover of the fill port, still shows daylight. 

Just another option for you to consider. There was one in the classifieds a few days ago for a good price. Not sure if it sold or not.