• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Makes you wonder

Yeah, makes one wonder if people really ever...actually...read the Classified section correctly. I don't think that they do. This same scenario can be seen in other sections also. Seems many ONLY read exactly...what applies to them, at that moment.

I see this all the time -

For sale, xxx rifle, in .22, excellent condition. Etc., etc.

Then one or two (maybe more) lines down, WITH...a later date (!) -
Want to buy, xxx rifle, in .22, must be in good condition, etc., etc.

Did these two EVER, actually get together ? By looking in a coupla days, for the same two ads, they didn't...seem to make contact, both ads are still open !!

Mike

Yeah, makes one wonder if people really ever...actually...read the Classified section correctly. I don't think that they do. This same scenario can be seen in other sections also. Seems many ONLY read exactly...what applies to them, at that moment.

I see this all the time -

For sale, xxx rifle, in .22, excellent condition. Etc., etc.

Then one or two (maybe more) lines down, WITH...a later date (!) -
Want to buy, xxx rifle, in .22, must be in good condition, etc., etc.

Did these two EVER, actually get together ? By looking in a coupla days, for the same two ads, they didn't...seem to make contact, both ads are still open !!

Mike
I've often wondered that🎩🤙

Reactions: Doc C.
Could also be the potential buyer doesn’t want to pay what the seller is asking. Could also be they may have been communicating but could reach a deal.

Then again, like you said, they just didn’t really look

^^^^ This. 100%. That's why you'll see a WTB right after a WTS. And also a WTS right after a WTB. They didn't reach a deal but it got the other person thinking about it.

I see a lot at the shows , people walk right past if they see something a bit too high , What every happened to the art of Haggling ?
Last show i saw an item priced at 225 we talked we haggled about price and i walked away with that item for 75 less and we were both happy .
took about 10 minutes EDIT correction , 10 minutes of fun !!

Reactions: cavedweller