Make a friend smile day

I have a friend that was looking for a $50 garage sale pellet shooter,,(I spent more than $50) well I kept my eye open and Sleeper192 put a Diana 34 .177 up for sale. An old one with no markings for which trigger it has(TO-1) there is no butt pad just grooves carved in the stock. Twangs, has not been tuned, we will address that this winter. I gave this gun to him as a present, he is a poor boy with a heart of gold and has helped me cut down some good sized trees. He has more than earned this gift. Being an older and used gun, he will take camping and use it. I could have given him a nicer new HW 50 with a scope, but he would have treated it like a wall hanger or safe queen. This gun suits him well, he wanted open sights and NOT new :)

20211015_151946.1634333839.jpeg

Very NICE !

When the wife and I started dating, all my airguns had just been stolen. I started replacing them quickly and the second one was a plain 34, just like that. She quickly realized that it was going to be difficult to keep track, so started naming them..... the 34 was "Nevermiss" because she could shoot it so well.

Awesome gesture on your part,

Bob

I went to buy my first shotgun with my dad when I was in high school. There was a brand new Winchester, and a 40 year old Winchester single shot. The 40 year old one was a little more. He clearly advised me to buy the older one. I was disappointed for all of about five seconds and then I realized I had made the right choice.

The fact that he’s going with iron sights is a phenomenal advantage. He will learn more from that rifle then he will all the other rifles combined the rest of his life.

The 34 is a great rifle. 

Great outcome! Make sure you include many tins…

mike

That was a great thing to do! Sometimes repayment, for what others do for you, is not so easy to do as they want little or nothing for loads of werq. You did good.

Exactly, he would NOT accept money, but today his wife hugged me! She makes me homemade salsa and peanutbutter cookies. Good people

That's great! What a gift. He will have this forever and it will be a much used tool, loads better than $. 

I have always spent a lot of my time and energy on other people, and i find this quite rewarding when it have not been abused,,,,, which it often have.

But almost every single time money have been involved it have been a mess for me, and i recon my loss over time have been around 16 - 20.000 USD, so of course i quickly stopped that, and had to move some people out of the now very small friend sphere to the acquaintance sphere, if they did not disappear all together ( not by my doing of course )

I dont owe anyone anything, and i prefer it this way.

Giving is very rewarding :)

The BIG Kid called today, he a happy camper, hitting 2" targets at 40 yds open sights, some times small as a quarter, resting on a chair back, lots more power than the Sherdan pumper he was shooting

He has not adjusted sights from where they set from Sleeper192. just load and shoot. Got his little lady to google our forum and they love all the feedback,,, we got a winner,,, squirrel for dinner,, well she said no squirrel, maybe chicken