Major problems with the FX MK11 Wildcat

I had the FX hammer examined by an expert and he siad that the hammer is hard chromed as it is. Tested from my 2022 bought Wildcat M3 hammer . 

This means that if you test it with a Rockwell test it Will show low RC as noticed in this thread as the pin point Will penetrate through the Chrome layer and not the outer hard Chrome layer. The Chrome layer could wel be up to 70 rc. In any case at least 50rc. This is valid for a hammer a bought Very recently so if this has been an improvement made since the beginning of this thread or not I am quite sure the problem mentioned due to “soft hammer” is not valid anymore.

The old hammers are not hard chromed. They machine like butter. And can be cut easily with a buffing wheel. Looks like they have made a change. Time will tell if they hold up.

Good to know John.. I will replace my old hammer with the newer one next week. I will check the difference between the old and new one .

The chrome layer is micro thin so maybe with machining on the chromed hammer this thin layer will not hold up to the used tools ?